Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help - Info Required.......

Rash@R.A.Motors

Right as you've probably guessed i got a nice surprise in the post today - a bloody NIP....

BUT the thing is the street where i've apparently been seen speeding is as far as i'm aware a 40 speed limit and i was according to the letter doing 39mph.

The reason i'm posting is because the location given on the letter has 3 street names on it and the only one that has a camera on it a is a 40mph street....

the location is: B6144 Howarth Road BET B6269 Bingley Rd and Stoney Ridge Ave Bradford

Cameras are located along bingley rd (about 4 cameras in total) and clearly sign posted as well as pics of cameras with 40mph as the speed.... none of the other roads mentioned have camera's and i'm just puzzled as to what to do..... :ffs:

Tried ringing the number provided on the letter and its always busy..!!

Any Ideas...?

a not so happy Rash.

ps. stoney ridge is off bingley road at the junction is a camera on Bingley Rd it self. Howarth Rd has no camera's....

i would keep calling that number, if no joy, write them a letter, they replied to mine (parking ticket though) so worth trying the local council. even if you are found innocent after paying the charges im sure you get a refund etc...

so i would keep calling, and send a letter, if they dont reply within the allowed time you need to pay the fine, pay the damn thing and contest it

Firstly does the NIP say what you were caught by? It's possible they had a van parked up in one of the 30 limits and that is what did you.

There are a couple of other things to check too. If you've still got the envelope check it was sent first class. 2nd class and it's not valid (doesn't happen often anymore, but worth a check). Also check the postmark and the date of the 'offence'. If it was posted more than 15 days after the offence, you're the registered keeper of the car (and have been for a few months) and haven't changed address recently it's not valid either.

The location does have to be clear for the NIP to be valid, I'm trying to find out exactly what clear means but struggling right now ;) I do know that in between 2 junctions 4 miles apart failed to satisfy the definition of clear though.

I wouldn't alert the camera partnership to any possible mistake unless you have to or they'll rectify it and you'll be stuffed.

EDIT to say those 3 roads seem to form a triangle? Sounds a strange way to define where you were.

I would suggest that you write to them and request the photographic evidence. It's down to their discretion whether they will provide it or not (but they usually do, as it harms their case if they don't, and it goes to court).

Also, get yourself over to Pepipoo and read up. The forums on there are full of VERY knowledgable people. :thumbsup:

Personally if it were the first letter I would ignore it!! If the second letter arrives then send a letter (assuming you haven't got thorugh on the phone) and ask for a precise location and type of camera and go from there... They should give you the full information for the charge which you are presented with.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links