Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Expolision In Hemel !

g3m xr

anyone near there , few of my mates are , one was at work and the roof has fallen in ! hope n e one who lives by is ok !

for anyone who dont know what im on about , look on the news , oil depot has expoloded at 6am , blast herd 40 miles away and windows ect broken up to 4 miles away !

Thank god no one was killed - just been watching News 24, it must have been terrifying for those who were working there at the time!

Apparently there is 36 million gallons of fuel stored there, and police are expecting more explosions as more of the tankers set alite...

People have already started to panic buy fuel as well....

People have already started to panic buy fuel as well....

I wonder how long it'll be before the price goes up again.............they've used lamer excuses than this to justify doing it in the past. :angry:

Looks like a bad one at Hemel though, hope the casualty list isn't too long.

I live about 5 miles from a large Weapon of mass destruction ( ICI Wilton ). If that ever goes up properly it'll take out half of Middlesbrough with it. You try not to dwell on thought s like this !

My God that's scary. I hope those that were injured make all make speedy recoveries.

The panic buying of petrol is ludicrous but it just reaffirms how selfish some people are. They should be a lot more concerned about the carcinogens that are now being thrown up into the air.

It's really bad, my mate was shaken out of bed by it this morning.

Says he's stuck indoors with all the windows firmly shut. Pitch black he reckons, heres a pic that he took this morning... :(

post-3884-1134306350_thumb.jpg

f*** me raggid............... just the same as both iraq wars, afganistan........ sky news must have blown it up cause there was nothing else to show :P

Well the bang woke me and I live about 25m away as the crow flies, couldn't see any smoke though, still can't as it happens, but do live on wrong side of a hill! Unbelievable to think no one was killed. I heard only 2 guys work there at night, plus about half dozen security staff, all automated so they say.

we had announcments on our tills in work this mornin telling use due to the incident there servers may go down cos they are based in hemel. its amazin noone was killed tho

I live 25 miles east of Hemel - we were all woken by the bang this morning although of course at that time I didn't know what it was.

The sky has been murky with grey / dark clouds all day - it's foggy here anyway so this is just making things worse.

I've only been out for petrol and there is a smell of burnt 'rubber' in the air - although I don't know if I am just imagining it ! !

I can't believe nobody was killed.

My parents live near Leighton Buzzard / Aylesbury... and were woken up by the blast, luckily the fumes and smoke are heading in a different direction to them...

Indeed amazing no one was killed... all 10 people who were apparently working there were accounted for... tho there were injuries...

My mum had to go for fuel to head back up north again and her light was one... she said people had started panic buying...

I hope it doesnt reach this way...

I'm in Essex and didnt get woken up by the bang at all! My Bro lives in Ware which is 20 miles from Hemel and him, his Wife and our Mum never heard it either! I had to go down to Ware and get Mum today..there was a lot of fog from around Waltham Abbey on the M25 but couldn't see the smoke on the way there or on the way back! No smoke in Ware either and I we were there for about 5 hours.

It's shockingly bad tho, keep watching the news every now and then too. The Shell Haven/Coryton Refinery is only about 6 miles or so from here and it could've been there! I had to get petrol this morning anyway but can imagine that people will use it as an excuse to panic buy :unsure:

Thats one nasty fire. :eek:

_41110370_otwaypic1_416.jpg

3.jpg

_41109776_farm_debris_getty.jpg

Stanlow is only a 10min drive from my house.

And that is a 178 acre site, with an annual capacity of over 20 million tonnes of crude oil.

NwStanlowFrodshamVw4810.jpg

Looking at some of the pics I've seen of Hemel, It makes you think just how dangerous they can be :help::fear:

My mum has friends in Hemel, i havnt spoken to her yet but i hope there isnt too much damage to their house.

I am about 20 miles from hemel today sky looks nasty round here, One of the guys that work here said his car was covered in black/grey spots last night after it rained :!Removed!: :!Removed!:

parents live bout 16-18 miles from there, glad im not round there now! aparently it was heard in france the blast, no idea how when half the uk didnt hear it

that plant holds 60million litres i think there, its 60 million something... of oil, petrol, and kerosine

5th largest plant in the uk and its the biggest fire in peacetime europe

Oh dear ........ Linky

Looks like my other half won't be getting her christmas presents ....... as it's probably been blown up :lol::lol: !

Got to go into town now and buy something just incase <_< !

The satellite photo in the papers today was the best image I've seen of the size of the problem. Black smoke cloud the size of France ! ( nearly )

We didn't hear the blast up here? :huh:

so unless france is closer I dont have a clue how they could hear the explosion. <_<

Anyways Cheshire is lending a helping hand on tackling the fire....

Hemel Hempstead explosion

Cheshire Fire Service and Shell have responded to requests for assistance by sending a tanker with 32,000 litres of foam from Warrington to the fuel depot fire at Hemel Hempstead. The response is part of a countrywide appeal to ensure sufficient stocks of foam are on site to launch a co-ordinated attack on the flames.

doesn't work like that mate, someone explained it to me once but I can't for the life of me remember how!

I'm amazed that no-one was killed ...... some of the footage from the BBC website is amazing - Linky

My thoughts exactly!!!!

I'm amazed that no-one was killed ...... some of the footage from the BBC website is amazing - Linky

My thoughts exactly!!!!

just think if it had of been on a monday morning , would have been such a different story :(

btw im only 15 miles from it and i didnt hear it either but then again how many of u are half awake at 6 am !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links