Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n 571 Induction Kit Mr2 To 'rolla Gti

King Rocco

I've already asked this on the corolla board but no one could help, so i thought i'd ask you lot :D

My mate has a Rev 1 Mk2 mr2 and when he bought it, it was fitted with a K&N 57i induction kit. He has now bought and fitted an apexi to replace it. He's offered me the K&N free if i can get it to fit my corolla gti.

I know the 57i kits are car specific, but they can't be that different can they...?!

Is it just the allowance for sensors that makes them individual (as well as diameter of pipes), would it be easy to adjust the kit to fit the corolla?

Cheers in advance for any help :thumbsup:

I've already asked this on the corolla board but no one could help, so i thought i'd ask you lot  :D

My mate has a Rev 1 Mk2 mr2 and when he bought it, it was fitted with a K&N 57i induction kit.  He has now bought and fitted an apexi to replace it.  He's offered me the K&N free if i can get it to fit my corolla gti.

I know the 57i kits are car specific, but they can't be that different can they...?!

Is it just the allowance for sensors that makes them individual (as well as diameter of pipes), would it be easy to adjust the kit to fit the corolla?

Cheers in advance for any help  :thumbsup:

It shouldn't be that difficult. I immagine the main problem would be getting a suitable pipe so you could position the air filter in the coolest part of the engine bay. On the MR2 the air filter is positioned near the left hand side vent which isn't very far from where the pipe attaches to the engine. I would have thought you would need a longer pipe for the Corolla so you can put the air filter near the front of the engine bay to get a good flow of cool air.

Cheers for the advice.

I may even try and make a heat shield depending on where i can position it. No point fitting an induction kit if all it sucks in is hot air!

Hopefully get some time in the next week to fit it.

My mate has fitted a PiperX filter to a length of crome pipe from his intake on his Civic.

Just got a couple of standard samco hose parts, and a length of chrome 3" pipe.

DIY'd it to the front of the car with filter on ! Job done !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links