Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre's

daz364

Well hon.... Previously Mo had Nexens on the wheels I got... and they were very good, very pleased with them I think....

I just got Falken 512s put on mine and so far also very happy with em...

I guess you could say they are reasonably budget... but so far so good...

Bridgestones and Toyos seem to be expensive tyres of choice methinks

Good Luck :thumbsup:

got toyo t1S on mine all round and Im very impressed with them :D got them from mytyres too which did a good price on them :D

Kumho KU31 or 712's aint to bad.. Nexens NX1'sare good (Goodyear F1 tread patern).. but of course, Toyo, Bridgestones etc are better.. but more expensive.

it depends what size you are wanting..? Dont skimp on tyres for the Mr2, especially a tubby!

My thoughts exactly! especially as winter is coming!

£85 a side? thats only £170 for 4 new tyres? id expect to pay that really :unsure:

I've had Toyos and the Bridgestone SO3's.. both v good. I currently run with falkens on the rear. Not had any probs with them. TBH if you boot it etc in damp conditions you're gonna wheelspin anyway.

If you do go for cheapy tyres, just take it easy. Actually... take it easy all the time at this time of year.

If you do go for cheapy tyres, just take it easy. Actually... take it easy all the time at this time of year.

:lol: comment of the year lol.

Id be looking at the Bridgestone Potenza range (s02's if you can get them, I have them on the rear and they're absolutely superb...) Goodyear Eagle F1's if you arnt going to do trackdays in the dry :lol: or maybe Avon ZZ3's for a decent "budget" tyre, on par with the Toyo, classed as budget but they do perform well :thumbsup: . The zz3's are great in the dry, but I found got a bit slippery (read: 100yard fishtails) in the wet :unsure:

I have been running Khumo's all round.

Not bad grip, slipperleyer (if thats a real word !!) in the wetm but found my rears to wear faster !!! ALOT faster ?! lol

i havent even got a clue whats on mine :D .... seem nice on dry but i certainly get the big swinging backend in wet. i personally agree with jim but im too stoopid :yes: to actually heed that gem of wisdom....

Spend the most you can afford on tyres - at the end of the day, they're the only thing keeping you attached to the road!!

Eagle F1's are my fave for all year round driving - do wear quite quickly, but fantastic grip in all conditions (especially the wet). :)

Mind you, I'm running Pirelli PZero Assimetrico on the T-Sport at the moment and will be buying the same again next time around - they're top!! Even at £140 a throw, they're well worth it. :thumbsup:

Toyo T1Rs - wont have anything else now

Same as... :yes:

Thirded ..

I've had Bridgestones, Goodyears, and Toyos (and a host of Nankang/Hankook rubbish).

I've got s02's on the S2k (as they are specific for the 16" alloys for the car) but I'll get Toyo's on the "other" rims I've got.

If you were a gold member - you could use the discount here to save a fortune on tyres.

You didnt say the size - but I know I got T1-Rs in 17" for £75 each.

thats excellent tyres, within your budget too.

Personally - I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1's in 245 / 40 / 18 and they are excellent.

I had Toyos T1-S in 215 / 45 / 17 on my old IS, and they were also very good.

Dont skimp on your tyres :thumbsup:

If you were a gold member - you could use the discount here to save a fortune on tyres.

Personally - I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1's in 245 / 40 / 18 and they are excellent.

***** on a bike! im so ****** off with myself! :ffs:

I ordered 2x potenza s02's a few weeks back and paid £120 EACH

I've just had a look on there and they are £88

**** I wish id gone gold sooner! :censor: :censor: :censor:

Oh i keep forgetting about that! Ill have a look for him tonight! :thumbsup:

I ordered 2x potenza s02's a few weeks back and paid £120 EACH

I've just had a look on there and they are £88

**** I wish id gone gold sooner! :censor:  :censor:  :censor:

damn mate :(

thats two years gold membership saved on two tyres alone

i'm just about to buy a new pair of rear boots for my rev2 n/a....such an awkward size.

currently running kuhmo 711's, and very impressed actually. but they don't appear to available in this size anymore.

my first choice for tyres is always uniroyal....i always try to choose a tyre that excels in wet weather traction/braking as to me thats the most important quality you need from a tyre. have found uniroyals to be truely outstanding over the years, and the test results i've read back up my own thoughts. they also last very very well even if you like the car to, er, 'move around' beneath you! however, yep you've guessed it, they don't do the rear size for the mr2. boo.

my next choice was going to be goodyear eagle f1's, which were available in the mr2 size in GSD2 form...however, it also appears these are now discontinued.

so, i'm going into the unknown now, and having to rely on test results. i did think about toyo's, but the test results aren't that great for wet...plus i know from mates experiences that they don't seem to last very long.

so, what i'm left with (discounting a few tyres with poor wet ratings, such as the nankangs, and falken 512's...which i have used before on other cars and didn't like at all) is a choice between dunlop SP SPORT 9000 (£99 each from mytyres.co.uk), or michelin pilot exalto pe2 (at £108 each).....most likely go for the dunlops as the results are almost identical, plus i won't have to worry about banked corners (if you don't follow formula 1 you won't get that michelin joke!). i may however match them with a set of uniroyals up front, but don't need to decide on that for a few months yet.

in case you haven't realised i take buying tyres very seriously! it comes from doing a bit of racing, i believe it to be the most important component on a car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links