Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So How Did It Go?

sprite

First off. The car was still there. Good sign. And waiting for me to test it out.

I took my dad with me, partly so he could ask some questions whilst I was all overwhelmed but also because I wanted someone to sit in the back so I could get a feel for how that would be.

So I turned on the engine. Hand shaking. Nervous. "I'm going to stall it!" I'm thinking. But dad started talking to the salesman so it felt less like I was on my driving test than I thought it might haha!

Now you don't need me to tell me that the Yaris is a lovely car to drive, so it won me over almost immediately. I loved the indicators, the way the stalk is moulded a bit because my fingers fit in nicely. Thought the digital display would take some getting used to but surprisingly found it very natural. Also found that the high seating position made it a lot easier to speed as you're not quite so in tune with the road speed!

Didn't drive too far as I settled into it right away... and of course, then I knew... pulled back into the dealers and, surrounded by hundreds of cars felt a bit like a bull in a china shop.

Then I got to examining everything. As someone pointed out, yup there is a little nick in the back bumper but it's really tiny so not too much to worry about.. everything else in top condition. I mentioned some other cars I'd found nearby... and the salesman looked at my rubbishy AX... got £600 off the price and also a set of Yaris mats chucked in too, but need to pick them up on Monday or something :)

So I'm dead chuffed! I do wonder if maybe I could've got more off, but I'm still happy :) :)

Oh, and here's a pic!

PICT0004.jpg

I've already changed the aerial :D

Sod the aerial, get rid of those !Removed! hub cups!! Why oh why Toyota would decide to invent something so unbelievably horrible is beyond me!!

And do you write stories for a living because your write up sounds like the start of a book or something!!! :D

Good choice of car and may it bring you many years of happy motoring!!! :thumbsup:

Already said it via PM and the "other forum" but congratulations!

Lovely car you have - so a big proper welcome to you and your lovely Yaris!!

btw - get them to sort out the nick in the rear bumper if you can - it was sold like that, just tell them you would like it repairing! :thumbsup:

Well done!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: You can change the "none yet" in your profile now! :D

by the way... if you want a name.... gimme a shout! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :D Yeah the hub caps.. they're sort of growing on me. I don't want alloys though because if I bash em then it really shows, or it's a whole new wheel..

Just signed up for gold :D

Thanks guys :D  Yeah the hub caps.. they're sort of growing on me.  I don't want alloys though because if I bash em then it really shows, or it's a whole new wheel..

Welcome to the club TOC & Gold!

Your get some wheels soon ..... trust me ;) !

Thanks guys :D  Yeah the hub caps.. they're sort of growing on me.  I don't want alloys though because if I bash em then it really shows, or it's a whole new wheel..

Welcome to the club TOC & Gold!

Your get some wheels soon ..... trust me ;) !

He's right, you will. :yes:

You'll need to be just as careful with the hubcaps as they cover the entire wheel. They also scuff easily as I found out to my cost. Then again, I'd only had the car three weeks or so and it found itself on alloys.

So I was right about the rear valance? My eyesight's not too bad for a speccy 51yr old after all! :P

Wahey! Congratulations! Many you have many ears of happy, safe motoring in her :)

Watch out with mods - they sort of spiral :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

A

Nice choice of car, also nice colour, I've always liked red/ red-ish cars.

I haven’t gone for alloys because as you said I would almost certainly mess them up the day after a got them.

At least with hub cabs you can just pick replacements for £10-£20.

Well.... Happy and safe, Driving to you.

Now you don't need me to tell me that the Yaris is a lovely car to drive, so it won me over almost immediately.  I loved the indicators, the way the stalk is moulded a bit because my fingers fit in nicely.  Thought the digital display would take some getting used to but surprisingly found it very natural.  Also found that the high seating position made it a lot easier to speed as you're not quite so in tune with the road speed!

Oh, and here's a pic!

PICT0004.jpg

I've already changed the aerial :D

I was exactly the same about the digital display, but now I prefer it over the analogue dials. Looks a very nice car indeed, can tell you are proud already!

The T3 I had previously had hubs and yeah they show the knocks really badly, my Dad's Fiesta also has Hubs and they are even worse than the Yaris hubs (no surprises really seeing as it's a Ford :lol:). Both our Yarii have alloys and I think they show the knocks less than hubs IMO. They've not ever been bashed hard tho, it's just slight kerbing whist parking.

Have you brought the car home already btw? I'm assuming you have?

Thanks guys :D :D

For now I might look into some different hubs... but I've just ordered a Richbrook tax disc holder hehe.. Have to hold off for a while. Saving up more money again with a few years time in mind... ;)

Yup I brought the car home today! I may've paid a bit more than I could have (though not locally it seems.. I researched rather extensively) but there's definitely something to be said for being able to pick it up round the corner the same day :D Just had to pop to the bank first.

I'm thinking of getting the insurance on it where they pay out the full amount rather than how much it's worth at the time if the worst happens..

Great news and lovely colour :drool: (my other top choice for colour of my car but the colour collection was too expensive for me )

Oh and sod the hubs get alloys :D

but if you do get hubs choose carefully - no spinners or those ones with fake brake disks cos they look a tad :saddam: (closest to !Removed! emoticon i could find)

:D congrats sprite :thumbsup:

glad you got the car you wanted and hope she looks after you :) there aint nuttin like that 'yay i love my car' feelin :yes: happy you got it goin on now :D

Looking good, congratulations. Get those wing mirrors colour coded, it'll make a big difference. I was the same about getting new alloys when I got my car but it already had some (already scuffed) alloys on so I decided to keep them so I can scuff them myself without making too much difference, I might get some new 1s in the summer.

I've just ordered a Richbrook tax disc holder hehe..

I'm thinking of getting the insurance on it where they pay out the full amount rather than how much it's worth at the time if the worst happens..

I've got one of those too ;)

I believe that is called Gap Insurance, Em used it when Karis was written off. It's a good thing to have as Insurers will only give the Market Value of what the vehicle is worth on the date of the "loss" i.e accident.

Thanks for that Blue. It's like Gap but it's RTI which is "Return To Invoice" - basically the same but Gap is with finance and RTI is with paying up front.

Reckon I should go for it then? It's £375 must be worth it.

Yes, take the GAP Insurance, or whatever they want to call it...

Its well worth it if some eejit decides to play ten pin bowling with your car..... :thumbsup: Of course hopefully you'll never have to use it, but for peace of mind that you wont be out of pocket, its great.

With mine, my loan was fully paid off on Karis, so I owe nothing on her, so I could start afresh with a new Yaris - and thats what I did! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new motor! Get the beast cleaned and polished quick! We like spangly cars! :lol:

(Probably shouldn't say then that you can't see the Carlo Blue on mine at the mo!) Where's my sponge?!?! :lol:

Cheers guys! She needs a clean now after a trip on the M25 last night!

We're thinking of naming her Toyah, not very original, but she's the first Toy (for short ;)) in the family!

Hi Sprite & Toyah ! The GAP insurance i gave the link to is underwritten by Hitachi who appear to be big player in this type of insurance.I paid £175 as opposed to around £325 from Toyota.When i checked quotes most people were quoting through Hitachi so it comes down to who charges the most for overheads etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links