Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smart Does Concrete @ 70 Mph

flashman

to be completely honist i stood up better than i thought it would. i still wouldnt like to have an accident in them i like to have at least some sort of bonnet in front of me. i cant see your legs bein very good after that crash tho

I remember this when it was on fifth gear.

If I recall they did the same trick with a Corsa in the same prog and the wall destroyed the corsa. I recall them saying that in both cases it is likely the occupants would have died just as a result of the shock involved in the impact.

I must say, I like the idea of smart's and the Merc A-Class where the engine is designed to "slide" underneath the passenger compartment in a crash rather than force it's way through the dashboard.

If I recall they did the same trick with a Corsa in the same prog and the wall destroyed the corsa. I recall them saying that in both cases it is likely the occupants would have died just as a result of the shock involved in the impact.

I must say, I like the idea of smart's and the Merc A-Class where the engine is designed to "slide" underneath the passenger compartment in a crash rather than force it's way through the dashboard.

Either way... I now know what I want for my birthday... A radio controlled Smart! ;)

*Just thought of a really nasty prank on car thieves* :D

however the engine being in the rear of the smart means that it wont be coming to meet your legs.

amaizing how strong cars are built now

Safety is one reason to buy a smart .... but when the turbo kicks in at around 3k rpm on a remapped engine, many many more reasons come to light :eek:

There are days when I really miss my understeering little hedge-seeking missile, but then 30mpg around town makes them bl**dy expensive to run. Driving my D-4D in a similarly spirited fashion brings over 60mpg even with the tuning box fitted.

I thought they were supposed to be really economical. That's worse than my Avensis!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links