Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.6 Turbo Apparently In Uk?

DJNS

sup people, went to pick up some parts at my local dealer, parts dude was talking to me about they've got a mk2 yaris 1.6 turbo in the back, trimmed in red leather interior and tuned by HKS, 5 spoke rims etc.

i asked him how they had got it, since theres not been mention of a 1.6 turbo mk 2 being released. He replied with all the u.k dealerships were in for a competition to get it.

now i think he's talking bubles...what do you guys make of it? :blink:

HKS would not be contracted to tune a production car, for future production runs.

other than TTE there is a UK company that is contracted to do work.....

they built the Yaris Turbo

i knew there was another firm who did the work in the uk, i just didn't want to start an argument with him.

Thought so.  :yes:

The fool don't know the difference between a yaris and a corolla I think :rolleyes::lol: ;)

It could be the limit edition Corolla TS Compressor I think?

Just been in the corolla section and from this it sounds like what he seen!

could be, but i know for def they have got a red corolla ts compressor. He's probably just trying to make me jealous since i got a YTS. That and last time he told me he has a Corolla TS as a company car, which kinda struck me as toyota being a bit generous especially towards their parts personell. Ah well..i know for sure he's talking bubbles.

well i heard about the 1.8 engine in a new yaris from a dealer and now auto express are saying it as well. mind you the dealer said there was gonna be a turbo on it as well

well i heard about the 1.8 engine in a new yaris from a dealer and now auto express are saying it as well. mind you the dealer said there was gonna be a turbo on it as well

yes, but why would you need to turbo 192hp engine in yaris? It still weights 200kg less than Corolla TS...

I guess whats causing confusion is that there are two 1.8 engines in current use:

The 1.8 VVti appears in non t-sport celicas and the mr2 roadster

whereas the 1.8 VVTLi appears in the Corolla T-Sport and Celica T-Sport only.

they are 150bhp and 190bhp - the extra oomph coming as the revs pass above 6k on the VVTLi

Now - if they put the 1.8VVTLi in the Yaris - then yes Id be up for that - or even if it appeared in the Roadster ... but I cant see it.

I guess whats causing confusion is that there are two 1.8 engines in current use:

they are 150bhp and 190bhp - the extra oomph coming as the revs pass above 6k on the VVTLi

Now - if they put the 1.8VVTLi in the Yaris - then yes Id be up for that - or even if it appeared in the Roadster ... but I cant see it.

And Lotus... :ph34r:

gotta agree with that, i dont think we will see a 1.8vvtli in the new yaris, i reckon it will be 1.8 with about 150bhp and 0-60 of 8secs - you heard it here first :lol:

It must be a new 1.8 engine they are designing then 'cos the current engines that the Roadster, the 'Rolla and the Celica use are being dropped because of emmisions! :yes:

I still can't see them bringing out a Yaris with a bigger engine than the 1.5 tbh! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this is how it is

In Canada and some other places you can get Yaris RS Turbo wich has the 1.5 L motor and a turbo, and is 150 Hp.

Then you can get compresson (blower) from TTE to putt on your 1.5 L yaris and then it is 140 HP.

I think that this is what is confusing some people :)

But I really would like to know what the name of the motor in the RS car is....

New Yaris in Canada. Standard model.

Yaris Hatchback is powered by a 1.5 litre 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve engine that puts out an energetic 106 horsepower and 103 lb.ft of torque. An aluminum Alloy Block and a Compression Ration of 10.5:1 let Yaris squeeze the most out of every drop of gas while delivering intense performance.

Now that would do a lot of people. :yes:

New Yaris in Canada. Standard model.
Yaris Hatchback is powered by a 1.5 litre 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve engine that puts out an energetic 106 horsepower and 103 lb.ft of torque. An aluminum Alloy Block and a Compression Ration of 10.5:1 let Yaris squeeze the most out of every drop of gas while delivering intense performance.

Now that would do a lot of people. :yes:

Just reading that yesterday

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/06yaris.htm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links