Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Clutch Fitted, At Last...

Jesus

Paul Whiffin and his main mechanic Darren made every effort to get my clutch fitted before Christmas.

Granted I was quoted for a 3.5 hour job which ended up taking a whole lot longer due to one problem or another... they got it done by 14:00 on Christmas eve (Started it on Thursday 22nd). Considering Wednesday 21st was there last day of trading, they did me fair.

The clutch is an RPS Max Series Street clutch rated to 450lb/ft torque (should do me!).

Apparently it retains pretty good driveability... rubbish... bites like a pitbull that's just been told it's a !Removed!... and holds on tighter than my boss does to his wallet!

rps_clutch-max-street.gif

From fully depressed, there's about an inch of travel to fully engaged! It's crazy.

Darren asked me to reverse it out of the yard, so I jumped in and managed to wheelspin it in reverse! Doh... try again... gently this time... wheelspin!!!

Started to get used to it now, and it's nice to know that whatever I throw at this now, it's going to hold on.

Cheers for listening. :thumbsup: :D

Wow sounds really impressive mate. I must have to come around and you can take us for a spin in it mate. So have you been racing after any R34's again ;)

jerry!!

Jerry, it'd be an honour to have you come round bud.

You know you can take it out whenever you want. You know I'll be filming though... getting the big J Phipps on camera stalling an MR2! ;) :D

I'm well impressed with the clutch... but have you ever done something, and then thought 'what the hell have I done... I've ruined it'... it used to be an easy drive... now you got to work for it!

:lol: just think of all the quick launches you can do mate :thumbsup: We must hook up mate for a natter mate :thumbsup: Take care buddy ;)

jerry!!

You just cant stop ehh lad.. :rolleyes:

I bet my clutch in the Pug i bought would give it a run for its monies!.. :lol:

I see that your plans for selling are back on hold again.. good to hear mate.. you dont want to end up depressed like me. You just might go really really barmy and buy a 306! :!Removed!: :lol:

Hope your S14 bud is doing alright aswell.. :thumbsup:

Existing clutch had done 58,000 from new, and just wouldn't hold anything above about 13psi boost... had to get it changed, so I've future proofed it. Can see me hanging on to this one... and saving for another too! Doh.

I know I'll regret getting rid of it, so it'll probably be a lot more modified before long!!! Keep me interested that way!

S14 bud (Leon) has become my S15 bud! Nice one at that, and quick. He's doing well, and I'll pass on your regards.

Take it easy bud. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links