Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pda Help

DaveSR

I'm thinking of getting a PDA for work and now that there are sales on, I am thinking that this is the best time to get one. I have looked around on the net but it hasn't been that helpful, so I thought I would ask you guys!

I am looking to spend around anything up to £300 and the features that I would like to be included is wifi, infrared, blue-tooth, as well as the option to be able to use the pda as sat nav.

Looking good is also a must :P !

I've been looking at the IPAQ's, as they seem to be the most popular. If you have any recommendations or suggestions I would be happy to know.

Cheers Guy :thumbsup: !

I've had to code the damn things for a project so I've been "lucky" to try a few different ones. IPaqs are my favourites as they are the most "standard". The XDAII I had for a while was a pain in the a**e, but that didn't have built in WIFI. The current "favourite" is an HP iPAQ hx2110 but I don't need much memory as I only need them to run a single application. There may be others in the range (which in my opinion offers good bang for buck) with better memory. Be aware though that WIFI and bluetooth drain power like nothing else. If you see one that does everything else but doesn't have WIFI there are SDIO cards by Socket that plug this gap but don't look half as funky as you have a bit poking out of the top of the unit. ;)

That's my two-pennies worth anyway.

After you buy the PDA, you will use it for a month then for get about it.

300 quid is a bit much for the PDA, the games are not that good.

You might be better with a smartphone, some do support WIFI

One problem with my PDA, if the Battery goes flat, all settings and saved apps are lost from the main memory

One problem with my PDA, if the battery goes flat, all settings and saved apps are lost from the main memory

... Oh yes they do. The most annoying thing about them. :ffs:

Get one of these! They're cheap, never run out of batteries, no need to learn any new method of typing/writing and if my MDA compact is anything to go by, they never crash or need resetting.

I would reccomend a palm if you want easy to use, but more and more I keep hearing that the palmOS is on it's way out as it can no longer hack it as an OS these days. As soon as my phone contract runs out I will probably switch back to palm though as I always found the OS just that bit quicker and less prone to crashing. In the mean time I still use a notebook in addition to my PDA as nothing beats a pen and paper for jotting down notes quickly.

After you buy the PDA, you will use it for a month then for get about it.

I must agree but if you want a PDA buy a Dell X51v.

Yep I must be shot for saying that but Dell make some of the best PDA's.

Yep I must be shot for saying that but Dell make some of the best PDA's.

Actually, I've never tried Dell for PDAs but now you mention it, I might have to get a couple in for testing... I never even thought of Dell for PDAs... Which is odd as my laptop and work PC are both Dells. I don't want to hijack a thread but could you let me know what batt consumption is like with WiFi enabled please?

Cheers,

Jim

buy one of these new gen smart phones, means you can ditch your phone and have it all in one :)

I've never tried the Dell X51v, but I have played with the X50, and it seems pretty sweet. I know of some people who use the older Dell Handhelds and they swear by them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links