Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amplifier... Help!

andy_yaris

Hi

im a newbie here. I got my yaris a few weeks ago and am trying to fit an amp and sub to the car, the only problem is that i cant get the power cable. i've read this post:

Link

i've removed my glove box but still cant see the power cable? There is a white box behind the glove box, housing the cabin filter and i cant see how to get around it. I tried pushing the wire through the gromit at the top but it wont go in very far, is it worth putting a screw driver through it to get the wire through.

Cheers for any help

Andy

howdy and welcome to the gang

the cable will be behind that white box, its the filter chamber for the heater, get in the footwell and if youve got small enough arms you should be able to just reach up to where the loom comes in

it may have just got snagged and stopped on the box or edge of the carpet etc.....

I had the same problem that the wire wouldn't go in very far and I didn't want to push anything through the grommet just incase I damaged some wires behind, so I half removed the grommet and stuck the wire down the side.

But you will need to reach up behind the glovebox, and feel around for the wire.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links