Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Parking Sensors.

druand

1 member has voted

1. 1. Rear Parking Sensors.

• Ihave enquired at Official Toyota Dealer where I purchased my RAV4 5 door about rear parking sensors and they advise strongly only to fit 2 outer as other 2 look unsightly. Dealer closer to where I stay says you must fit all 4. Both dealers are owned by same company.
    • Your comments or advice please.

Ihave enquired at Official Toyota Dealer where I purchased my RAV4 5 door about rear parking sensors and they advise strongly only to fit 2 outer as other 2 look unsightly. Dealer closer to where I stay says you must fit all 4. Both dealers are owned by same company.

Your comments or advice please.

I looked into this subject when I bought my Rav, as I did not want a messy looking installation. My local garage recommended four sensors, as they said that two would not protect the rear tyre cover when you are reversing and they suggested colour matching the sensors.

I was very happy with the installation and they fully protect the rear tyre cover. I would definitely recommend the colour matching as it effectively blends the sensors into the bumper.

Hope this helps

Ian

I agree with the above really. I currently run with two parking sensors on my mk1. They do the job most of the time, but I find they can miss certain cars due to being high up.

The two extra sensors under the spare wheel area are probably more useful, so i'd recommend going for the four.

I've got two spares to add to my system, but thought I would try the two first.

My dealer fitted four colour coded sensors which I would recommend as well, and they look fine but more importantly as already mentioned it would be better to go with four to protect the spare wheel cover.

The sensors on my car are fitted with the two middle ones sitting a little above the far left & right sensors, not perfectly in line but not really able to notice that unless your up close, still very effective and they do the job

This is a picture of it; I have highlighted the positions of the sensors in white as it’s hard to see them otherwise as they're colour coded.

This site has a photo of the 4 sensor kit, for me it looks a bit unequal. ( scroll down towards the bottom of the page) :thumbsup: .

http://www.e-parking.co.uk/photo-gallery.asp

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links