Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Calling All Geeks

crizzle

Hello, I was wondering If anyone could help me. I tried to connect my laptop and computer together so that they can both use the internet. After they were both connected both laptop and PC went off. I usually let the computer log me in automatically. I have taken my PC to different repair centers and they was talking about formatting the computer. I dont want them to do this as I have a lot of information saved. Oh yeah they wanted to charge me from £60 per hour.

LAPTOP

The laptop wont swich back on, The Battery is fully charged

PC

As soon as the login screen appears the screen goes black, If I log into safemode the screen does not go black when the login screen appears, however my password is not being accepted. So I cant get in.

I dont remember my old username for this site and I would be greatful if anyone could tell me where I can get them fixed without paying too much

Laptop: Have you tryed connecting to the mains power supply and then switching it on?

PC: If you can get into safe mode, log into the Administrators account and not your own even if you have admin rights. Then run your anti-virus software. You can also remove your password aswell if you choose to.

How did you connect both of them together?

Its not normal for networking to damage two systems at the same time, there may have been a power surge. Was you using any POE devices?

was you using a cross over or straight through via hub/switch

60 quid/hr is about the correct cost

Hello, thank you for your replies. The Battery is charged and plugged in, the Battery light is on and not flashing which means it is running from AC. I cant log is as the Administrator because I dont know the password for it, I was never told it when I got the computer. The method I chose was by USB wo give me 480mps, just faster than firewire.

you silly fool, your laptop it toast, your lucky your PC is not toast aswell. I'm currently in Manchester at the mo, but I'll be in Hull soon to pic something up before I go to York.

I will be able to get the files off the laptop onto tape then what ever media you want. I might beable to sort you PC out.

Bring the laptop plus charger and the PC base unit only to

206 Newland Avenue

Hull, HU5 2ND

Be there around 6ish, dunno if they are open, if not then wait for me on Sidmouth ST

By the sounds of it you've fried the motherboard on the laptop. I'm guessing that the USB connection caused a power surge. So it may be buggered.

Difficult to tell exactly what's wrong with the desktop, if you have a second PC then I'd try slaving your hard drive into it and try to get your data off it that way. After that, format the orig and start from scratch. Just hope that the motherboard and memory haven't been damaged in that as well.

If USB is not a good way then what is the best network method? I'm not too sure about this slave thing, I dont have a 2nd computer

why do you need 480mb/s?

do you plan to use the network for file transfer?

10/11mb/s is ample for the internet(its faster than you internet connection if you think about it)

100/54mb/s is ok for file transfer

any faster like 1000mb/s is a bit too much for what you need

I'm going to set off in 20mins, it will only take just over 1hr to get there

Hi Naz, I got the PC and Laptop sent to me yesterday all fixed. You did not tell me what was wrong with it. You forgot to send me an invoice aswell. My internet program looks different and none of my settings are there. What the blue thing for?

Hi, sorry about replying so late, I've been busy.

YOU FORGOT TO TELL ME THAT IT WAS IN FOREIGN. I could not understand a thing.

You should now beable to use the laptop. your USB 1.0 is fried, DO NOT plug anything in there, it will trip the laptop (thats why I put tape over it). The USB 2.0 is fine, use the USB hub (blue thing) that I gave you if you need to plug in more devices. I you get any power messages let me know and I'll give you a 5V 2A PSU for it.

There is no invoice, I did it for free

I installed Firefox to reduce the number of spyware, I had to reinstall IE cos it was damaged

I'm half Italian thats why. Are you not going to ask me how my head it? I dont know whats safe to ride in the back of a dark van with no seat belts and boxes falling on me or riding in the front of the van and not being able to see anything.

The computer is a bit noisy, there is a humming noise from the inside, Can I bring it round tomorrow ? Your friends are weird, Oh yeah do I owe you anything for the meal.

No, There was a BOGOF dealin York, we needed one more person to make the numbers even. Sorry about the boxes, theres only three seats in the front so you had to ride in the back, I cant keep you happy you got to ride in the front on the way back, I could still see where I was going eventhrough there no street lights or catseyes, oh and it was foggy too.

I cant do anything this weekend, Im in Manchester at the mo, Im flying to Barbados on Monday. I'll let you know when I get back. Its probably just the fan, It is actualy moving now that I have vac up the dust blanket. I can swap in a low noise one in for you

I'm not on holiday, I am away on business. My flight and hotel has already been paid for this time hopefully. If you want to go its about £1500 with BA and £1100 on BMI then plus hotel.

Hi, I got back today, but not planning to be in Hull til Monday

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links