Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Light Question....

Jimlad

Today the interior light is refusing to come on when the doors are open (yes I've tried switching the switch).

Does anyone know if this is on its own fuse?

if you have it occasionally, check your door switches

dunno about your problem tho jim, tried flipping around the switch in the middle in the roof?

Door switches tend to be a bit strange sometimes.. .that could deffo be it... tho mine usually stays on :P not off lol

I had the same problem. It was the contact points on the door switches. I scuffed them up with some fine sand paper and they have been fine since then. This was on my Paseo and not the MR2 though.

It's on the dome fuse isn't it, but it shares that with other things so I would think that if it were the fuse you would have noticed other things not working too.

The door switches seem to be working as far as I'm aware. The light on the dash comes on to say doors are open when they're open and off when they're closed.... So I would assume they're working.

The courtesy door lights (red lights on the doors) havn't been working for a while... I assume it's just the bulbs or a fuse. Never checked. N ow the interior ones aren't working tho!

If I press them on myself they do work.... so I dunno!!!

I suppose I could get it to an auto electrician, but that would be pricey!!

It's on the dome fuse isn't it, but it shares that with other things so I would think that if it were the fuse you would have noticed other things not working too.

If the fuse box wasn't in such an awkward position I would happily remove and check them all!

Just sell it and buy something else :P .. Who'd have believed you'd be asking questions about interior bulbs not working after 2 years hey!?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links