Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Snooper S2 Neo

nicksSR

Quite a random question, does anyone have a snooper S2? if so does it pick up on the mobile speed cameras that are placed on the roadside next to the vans?

Is it GPS or sensor based?

I think that most people here would not advise to get a sensor-based one, as it is likely to be made illegal here soon. Better to get a Sat-nav which alerts you to the camera locations.

Right, well it all depends on how much you hope to spend. I really would urge you to look at the Tomtom One - you can get it for about £220 and it's an excellent, compact colour screen unit. Immediately out of the box, you can enter any postcode in the UK and it really works well (I have one).

As for Speed cameras, you have two options. Tomtom offer their own subscription service, which says they cover all the cameras in the UK, or there are free databases on the 'net which are pretty good, but less elegant.

You may just want a black box for the cameras, but it seems to me such a shame to pay £100, when you're half way to a full GPS unit.

Hope this helps - and please tell me I'm talking <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s if it's completely not what you're looking for.

David

Edit: I have to state that the "spuds" phrase was inserted by the BB system!

I have a sooper s2 already. just trying to find out if anyone has one, i want to find out what theres pick up!

Snooper S2 is a GPS camera detector with a laser detector.

It will pick up fixed location cameras and mobile laser cameras, but will not detect mobile radar cameras.

If it is any conselation, the police prefer laser due to the accuracy, so the radar is pretty much obsolete.

Cheers,

Ben

I think this would be better in the General discussion section do I'll move it.

For what it's worth I have an S4 Neo and that has radar and laser detection but needs an optional separate sensor to pick up the signals.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links