Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tsport Owner

Paul Kempster

Hi Everyone

We've just picked up our new TSport and already think it's a great car! Just after christmas we made an impromptu visit to our local Toyota dealer to see what they had. We'd looked on autotrader to see what the used ones were going for and initially thought we'd go for a 2 - 3 year old car.

The dealer had in stock a pre-registered 05 model with a whopping 22 miles on the clock but had it at a massive discount. We went back the following day to take it out and decided straight away we'd go for it being such a billy bargain!

This is the first "new" car we've had so are now in the process of running it in. Initial impressions are that it's got loads of grip and is really eager given it's modest engine size. All the equipment is spot on, the seats are great and it still has the new car smell despite actually being 6 months old.

The only thing we plan to do is get a connects 2 box so we can link up the Sony MP3 player as it has a single CD but no tape option.

We can't wait till we're able to stretch the legs and see what it's got as things loosen up.

This also looks like a great forum.

Paul

Well, Congrats on your new car and WELCOME to Toyota Owners Club - Loadsa advice and comments freely available around here so sit back, relax and join in :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome Paul, I'm glad you're enjoying the T-Sport. It's a friendly bunch on here! :D :thumbsup:

Cheers all. We part ex-ed the wife's smart car (no laughing back there, thankyou ;) ) so already the TSport seems quick!

Knowing the missus she'll be after neons and a loud exhaust before too long :D

Welcome to TOC :) sounds like you got a good bargain!

My Sister lives about 10 miles or so from Stevenage so I sometimes give the Yaris a good run from here to go and see her - takes about an hour and a half tho on the M25 & A1(M) :rolleyes:

Cheers all. We part ex-ed the wife's smart car (no laughing back there, thankyou ;) ) so already the TSport seems quick!

Once you start modding theres no stopping!!!

Jay,

It was 10,250 and it's a 3 door. It's no run in so starting to have a bit of fun. I'm quite impressed with the front end grip - it bites and turns well. You can feel a bit of roll but stable.

Paul

. . . Knowing the missus she'll be after neons and a loud exhaust before too long :D

. . . and then take it down roaring meg !

BTW - what dealer did you use ?

Good girl!

Well, not too sure on the neons, but the exhaust is an excellent idea!

P.S. Welcome to the club... we're all a tad unhinged, but there's one or two who actually know what they're on about should you need help.... not me before you ask. Im here to provide sweets.

Seveer - I could sort of excuse you having a box or two of sweets in the car at meetings - but you had them when you stopped by mine the other day! Its not normal mate - a packet or two maybe - but a box?

Seveer - I could sort of excuse you having a box or two of sweets in the car at meetings - but you had them when you stopped by mine the other day! Its not normal mate - a packet or two maybe - but a box?

Packet costs £1.10 minimum, box costs £2.20.

Packet lasts a day, box lasts about 2 weeks

So, when you need a little sugar... the box is there!

P.S. I don't always have them there, just did cos they were on offer! £1.59 for the whole box! Can't miss a bargain!

. . . Knowing the missus she'll be after neons and a loud exhaust before too long :D

. . . and then take it down roaring meg !

BTW - what dealer did you use ?

LOL, Roaring Meg and the Leisure park are hilarious at night (to watch and laugh!) so long as you don't get run over by the boys on hair dryers!

The dealer was Andrew Rowley nr St Albans - seem pretty good too. They did a 600 mile checkup, everything fine.

Paul

I wasn't impressed with Andrew Rowley when I bought my Aygo - they didn't want to do a discount and were real hard work to get to talk to you about the car.

At the time they were having a refit and were part working from portacabins etc. - whether this caused a level of service below their normal I don't know. They gave a crazy p/x price on my old car and kept trying to sell me a t -Spirit Yaris that they had in the showroom ! They couldn't tell me how much TTE springs fitted would be and generally seemed to know very little about the car.

I took my 8 grand cash a few miles down the road and gave it to another dealer in the end.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links