Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Great Scott!

Karma Supra

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karma Supra

• Bibbs

• jaxx

• martin_longbow

Nice! You'd be forever polishing it though and I bet the flux capacitor is shot. :lol:

Dam, I dont have that much cash so

Go-on go-on go-on go-on

get it :thumbsup:

Can I come down from Jockland and go for a run with you in it. I would promise not to mention the flux thingy

I want it sooooooooooooo much!!!!!!

DMC-12

me too :(

mite sell a kidney! :D

looks like she needs a bit of TLC too... and still well over 8 grand

They are total sheds. If it wasn't for the BTTF films the car wouldn't even be remembered today. It's effectively a Renault engined Lotus with lots of compromises. You can imagine what reliability must be like (just ask Leeky :lol: ). The chassis is so compromised that a crash at 26 mph would leave the engine and gearbox where the occupants (used to) sit.

Still, that sounds like a good example with <30k miles.

I think they would be remembered if it wasn't for the films ;) after all how often isa car build in ireland, a car that when the government money ran out the rest of it was funded with drug money :D

Its also not often that when a car is released at a motor show, the company owner gets locked in it, on display, for hours.... :lol::crybaby:

Just because they have a few design flaws doesn't make them "sheds" I would much rather have a car wich character that needed a fair bit of attention to keep on the road, then some deathly bland and boring, clean and economical mass produced characterless blob that will go on forever....

I agree with your Charlie about everything you've said ..

But I think they are for the 80's chav (where the 90's chav wants an orange mk4 soop)

Let's face it, everyone who grew up with the back to the future movies would give there left arm for one.

£8k is actually pretty cheap, one in reasonable condition normally sells for about £14k - £16k

thats very cheap for one with good history......i would never buy it to drive though.

them cars are best left in dry storage

Ben the 80s chav had a knight rider replica.....

Ben the 80s chav had a knight rider replica.....

I just can't see the point is making a car anything off a film/tv .. I'd love a dodge charger .. I'd not paint it orange with confedorate flags all over it. I think it's tacky ..

The De-Lorian is a classic due to the time and place and how it was made .. then some fools made a film with it, and now people want them due to the film.

The De-Lorian is a classic due to the time and place and how it was made .. then some fools made a film with it, and now people want them due to the film.

:thumbsup:

they're unfeasibly crap, but thats why i want one. everything about it is wrong in every little way. right from the day DeLorean turned round to GM and said 'im gonna do better than you, ON MY OWN!'

Little known bit of info, apparently there was a turbo charged version as well, only 2 prototypes were ever produced of it.

There's also a gold plated one in Vagas.

theres one with a mazda rotary twin turbo aswell :D

and theres a place in the states that does a nut and bolt rebuild on them and builds them to a 'proper' spec

they are then sold for between 45 and 60k :o

they're unfeasibly crap, but thats why i want one. everything about it is wrong in every little way. right from the day DeLorean turned round to GM and said 'im gonna do better than you, ON MY OWN!'

My point exactly!!!!!!!!

It doesn't suprise me that it was a turbo... after all it is a lotus esprit with a different Shell on top!!!!!

Charis... you have no taste at all woman!!!!!!!

I could so see me driving one of those........ well, more specificly swearing a the bottom of one in the cold on the drive :D

Charis... you have no taste at all woman!!!!!!!

Yes I do Charlie and that's not to it. You can't try telling me that's a fantastic looking car. 'Unique' perhaps... But then that's all you could call a car made out of brushed stainless steel. :lol:

its an 80's car its square and thats why its cool - cars from the 80's are the best looking imo - BNR32 GTR, PS13 Silvia, MK3 Supra, AE86 Levin... all square and boxy - but beautiful :D

the DMC-12 is rubish technically, renault, lotus, volvo and built on the cheap - the gullwing doors dont actually work irl cos the hydro struts aren't strong enough, but its quirky

if it were on the cool wall on top gear, it would have its own box like the DB9. i would give my left arm for one, although i wouldnt be able to close the door, so ill give my right arm. i would live a RHD one but they cost mega bucks

another fact, it is also the only car from a company in the world produced that wasnt painted.

if it were on the cool wall on top gear, it would have its own box like the DB9. i would give my left arm for one, although i wouldnt be able to close the door, so ill give my right arm. i would live a RHD one but they cost mega bucks

another fact, it is also the only car from a company in the world produced that wasnt painted.

It'd be in it's own "geek" box at the other end of uncool.

It's historic, but I'd not want one cause it's rubbish.

The 2CV is allso historic, and I don't want one of those either ..

The *ONLY* reason you want it is because of a (lame) film .. :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links