Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supercharging A Yaris

Gem_GTI

Im looking at getting the 4efte into mine possibly in the summer!Insurance permitting!

CB :thumbsup:

Yeh i'm hoping to get mine over to Greece by July too :P The race is now on!!!

I honestly believe this will be a popular mod within the next year, particularly when the new Yaris comes out as the oldest ones will be cheaper and way out of warranty. People will start to look at engine swaps more seriously. The likes of the 4e-fte would be ideal. Someone suggested I did it to mine... when the SR still had 6 months warranty... I laughed :lol:

warranty! pah! i lost mine a week after picking up the car :lol:

Hi everyone

I'm new on here.

I am wanting some information if possible on supercharging a yaris.

I would like to know costs, where I could get it done, bhp that the car will kick out afterwards and known problems with a supercharger on one of these if possible.

I would really appreciate your help as I am looking into purchasing a t-sport in place of my 106 GTI that I currently drive.

Thanks for your help guys :D

where abouts from cumbria are you?, i live there at the moment. Im not turning this into a racing thread, but with the mods i had i could keep with a mates 106gti, sayin that he hadnt modded it!, and i wouldnt like to take him on, on corners.

Im also selling a yaris t sport if your interested soon to put in the for sale forum on TOC.

Hi I'm from *whitheaven* not that well known lol!, I wont be looking to buy one until june/july want to figure out the mods etc beforehand.

Thanks anyway :)

Hi I'm from *whitheaven* not that well known lol!, I wont be looking to buy one until june/july want to figure out the mods etc beforehand.

Thanks anyway :)

lol, i live 9miles away (gallaghers eh!, hehe), you dont know a lucy do you with a white gti?

heres my yaris for sale, see if you recognise it by the pics? http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48249

www.turbokits.com

look for the scion xb turbo kit, that will fit the yaris, I'm thinking the ECU is near enough the same as its an identical engine. The kit comes with a piggy back to alter the map of the 1NZ-FE (our T-sport engine)

It's a great kit that includes an intercooler and fuel upgrade options, $500 more and you can get GReddy all the rest with upgraded injectors. (potential for more boost.)

I read on OZecho and Echo fans that there is a poston kit which are higher compression, forged for around $900 american. custom con rods for about that price too.

Buy an upgraded LSD for £450 from TRD and you're laughing.

Turbo in.c intercooler says 56% increase on stock internals at turbokits at 6 psi i think......

upgrade the pistons to get further more boost, thats......... 14 psi to a BAR right? im sure you could get 1 BAR from uprated internals thats 100% increase, so 200bhp is definitley reachable.

Some super charger nuts on www.scionlife.com have even uprated the bottom ends the engine from the hybrid powered prius is the same as the yaris. except stronger :thumbsup: they are compatible. but all you need is the crank from that after the piston heads and con rods.

I may be wrong on some of this, i dont think i am though.

Hope this has enlightened some peeps.

:gora:

P.S you may think that the turbo kit may not fit with the yaris hood, but if you think about it some induction kits for the 1.0 and 1.3 yaris reach over the engine too, not to mention that the standard yaris turbo kit reaches over the same space :thumbsup:

P.P.S lol sorry for making this mega long, but if you have that much power under the front wheels you wanna think about the handling. also traction. a decent traction control unit should cost between £6- 1000.

Was chatting to YARIS WRC about his extreme turbo project. He's dreading the ECU and traction control costs :unsure:

But by god is he brave

:gora: BUNDLE!!!!

sorry! just found this, so the prius bottom end has THEORETICALLY been proven bad

http://www.echodrivers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9192

i nearly opted for the turbo kits one and but youll have to work on remoddling the front end or use a different intercooler as its totally different to the scion

i nearly opted for the turbo kits one and but youll have to work on remoddling the front end or use a different intercooler as its totally different to the scion

yeah, it wont really fit, the intercooler is way big, i think taking front bumper off and a good knife will do the trick :P

I have a pahse 2 so i would fit it behind the honeycomb bit at the bottom, i would imagine i would have to cut quite a bit of it away though.

Also, one last thing about upping boost! Get yourself an oil cooler and oil temp gauge......... you'll definitley wanna keep an eye on it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links