Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ok I Think We All Know What Happened On 11-09-2001

knowlson

it dont supprise me..

Call me a cynic but this is only being allowed as scare tactics to keep the people of the US backing the war on Terror...

booo.. dont get me started again!..

:eek: FFS! On the afternoon of September 11th 2001, I asked a colleague... "How long until the film comes out d'ya reckon?

We both agreed that nobody would (probably) be crass enough to do it, with the (probable) exception of Hollywood film directors.

I do hope the families that lost people in the attack are getting a slice!

Agree you on with the scare tactics bit too.

Who needs it? <_<

The event was well documented (over the top at times). People felt pain, lost loved ones and the human population was shocked.

We do not need a dramatisation of these events. Particularly so soon. Similar terrorism still occurs, people are still feeling that pain... and someone's out to make a buck.

No thanks.

I wonder if it will have a happy hollywood ending, where america saves the world and the baddies relly turn out to be British????

I wonder if it will have a happy hollywood ending, where america saves the world and the baddies relly turn out to be British????

And have bad mustaches and smoke cigars? Say what?

And the heroic american, anti-brit, is actually Mel Gibson (an aussie). Like Braveheart and The Patriot ?

Quite possibly.... -to all of the above..........

I think it just shows how far gone the america people are they have no morals or any idea how the rest of the world see's them.

What if a uk company made Lokabie (think thats the correct spelling) the disaster movie. How Iran blew up a plane. I think the media would crucify the directors and the company that made it. But nooooo not in america :rolleyes: thats allowed.

Bill hicks was right back in 1994 when he used to take the :censor: out of the goverment

"Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired, go back to bed America, your government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their :censor: skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!"

it dont supprise me..

Call me a cynic but this is only being allowed as scare tactics to keep the people of the US backing the war on Terror...

booo.. dont get me started again!..

yep - just more anti middle-east propoganda to keep the idiots voting for the idiots...

It's kinda obvious that it was going to happen - it was just a question of when!

But then again I do like to sit down and watch a good war film, with the majority of it being based on WW2.

hmm

This isnt the first one either.... I know they were making one back in 2002, I dont know if it was a TV movie or if this is the same one...

But its kinda sick that studios will do anything to make a quick buck at the cinema - if I'd lost a relative or friend on 9/11, I wouldnt want to re-live all of that less than 5 years on. <_<

I dont actually have a problem with this film.

I mean yeah your probabaly right that it could be a way to scare more americans into continuing to back the war on terror....

but...

Its just like the Titanic or Pearl Harbour or any other film based on a true event.

If one company doesnt make a film about it then another will. Thats the reality with films, they are made to make money.

Whether they make a film about it 5 years after it happens or 50 years after it happens it makes no difference.

The only people that are going to go see this film are the people who want to see this film.

As long as they dont force feed it to the rest of us and dont glamourise it in any way so that it strays from the truth then i dont see a problem :thumbsup:

just my 2c

I was just thinking no doubt it will be just like Pearl habour - not a balanced, this is why they did it kinda movie, but just some hollywood good guy bad guy fight..

Oh I think it will be as patriotic as a patriotic film can be but Leeky is right. A movie about 911 was inevitable and I don't even think it will be the last.

I am inclined to agree with Lee... this kinda thing will happen... much like in the films he mentioned...

Doesnt seem like 5 years ago..

But I also agree that regardless of reasons why it is being produced (propaganda-wise or innocent) It will probably get used in a negative way anyways...

Pity...

I dont actually have a problem with this film.

I mean yeah your probabaly right that it could be a way to scare more americans into continuing to back the war on terror....

but...

Its just like the Titanic or Pearl Harbour or any other film based on a true event.

If one company doesnt make a film about it then another will. Thats the reality with films, they are made to make money.

Whether they make a film about it 5 years after it happens or 50 years after it happens it makes no difference.

The only people that are going to go see this film are the people who want to see this film.

As long as they dont force feed it to the rest of us and dont glamourise it in any way so that it strays from the truth then i dont see a problem :thumbsup:

just my 2c

The thing being is that the impact 9/11 is still HUGE and is ongoing in the middle east as we speak.. if it were 50 years later it wouldnt be as bad...

Thats the issue at hand... the &#33;Removed&#33; tosspots int he US government WANT this movie to come out to help their CURRENT campaign in the middle east...

we still have the effects form gulf war etc goin on but they make films about that it was alwasy goin to happen, holywood studios are to clever to give cash to victims familys but fair play to them if they wanan make some cash why not,

and wasnt there a film using the actual footag about the even out a cpl of years ago, surely thats worse tahn a cheesy hollywood remake?

You mean Frenheit 911. I still havent seen that film as i dont like the fat guy who is in it :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links