Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Kit

Bibbs

Now it looks like Apexi have gone under, which might make finding one even trickier...

Where did you get that info? :crybaby:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• Karma Supra

• RossP

• sera_beetle

• 2 weeks later...

After chatting to Newera ..

There are rumours that Apexi is going into receivership, but these have

been

around for years. We're still currently able to get goods from Apexera,

although if they do go out of business, then this will stop abruptly.

Thanks for your inquiry. We have inquired of Apexera this morning. The black version of the RSM is only available for foreign markets, it’s not sold domestically in Japan, therefore we cannot supply this.
Unfortunately the black RSM would only be available from the States,

can't

help you on that one, sorry!

That guy says he'll have a load of RSM's in at the end of the month.

he needs a rsm he cant have a avcr as he hasnt got a turbo obly gae vtec

And I'm getting tempted to turbo it again.

DOH!

Sorry i forgot your a vtec hair dresser arent you ;) :P

That's the one fella.

is it easy to turbo a S2000

i heard turbos + vtec = Scaryness and High reving madness!

Can you supercharge it?

SC will give 300+ wbhp .. but I'm missing the non-linier shove that a Turbo gives.

An SC would be £3k plus fitting. I think a turbo would be cheaper.

The Stock S2000 has forged crank, conrods and pistons. You only need about 7psi for 100bhp :D

The Stock S2000 has forged crank, conrods and pistons. You only need about 7psi for 100bhp :D

:eek: making it around 340bhp? thats impressive! :D :thumbsup:

:eek: making it around 340bhp? thats impressive! :D :thumbsup:

Yeah .. Mine is a Jap spec so it's 247bhp (250ps) "out the box". The Euro spec was 237bhp(240ps).

The SC kit is a "plug and play" one .. and can be installed by anyone really.

The car will still not have a massive high torque curve, but it does have a long one ;)

Lol mental!

I remenber when you bought it and you posted that it's so nice you will keep it stock :)

Yeah, but then look at my MR2 (still for sale !)

i got the info from Roguesystems that Apexi Japan has gone bust aswell, so i'd think it's true this time..

Well my contact phoned them this morning, Japan time .. (Apexiera - the parent company) .. and they answered the phone :lol:

AS the RSM is pretty pointless... wouldn;t something liek this be better?????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HKS-Speed-Delimiter-...1QQcmdZViewItem

that way it is tuckeds out of sight...

How is the jap engine different giving it more power???? are you sure it is not just variances in power stadnards????

for years people have been saying the jap import 7ms had 8 more bhp.. they don't at all, they just measure it diffrently over there :lol:

AS the RSM is pretty pointless... wouldn;t something liek this be better?????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HKS-Speed-Delimiter-...1QQcmdZViewItem

that way it is tuckeds out of sight...

How is the jap engine different giving it more power???? are you sure it is not just variances in power stadnards????

for years people have been saying the jap import 7ms had 8 more bhp.. they don't at all, they just measure it diffrently over there :lol:

Because the new RSM has power, and g sensors and can be calibrated proper to changes in wheel radius. I *could* just wire in my old RSM and hide it. But then why did you buy a AVCR instead of a G-valve? It's something else for you to play about with.

The JDM S2000 is 10bhp more due to a thinner headgasket and therefore slightly higher compression. It's been proved at several dynos.

I bought an AVC-r instead of a G valve because I will not trust anything other then a fully electronic boost control device with its own independant presure sensor, the gear specific boost setting is also a nice feature and will be needed for my future projects :thumbsup: Is it also not recognised as the best boost controller on the market???

I bought an AVC-r instead of a G valve because I will not trust anything other then a fully electronic boost control device with its own independant presure sensor, the gear specific boost setting is also a nice feature and will be needed for my future projects :thumbsup: Is it also not recognised as the best boost controller on the market???

Nah, the Greddy Is a LOT better, but then it's also more costly and a bigger install. I'd have gone PowerFC as then you get timing controll too (Apexi DID a timing controller, but it was with the first gen RSM/AVCR/SAFC and they never did a gen2 version).

If you want the AVCR to work proper, turn the "Gear Learing" off too, it'll muck up the settings and then you'll be a long way off what you set it up to be.

The AVCR also acts more like a bleed valve than a G-valve (being a solenoid) and therefore bleeds off the pressure before it gets to the correct setting. It's a shame .. but it is still one of the better cheap EBC's about.

The AVCR also acts more like a bleed valve than a G-valve (being a solenoid) and therefore bleeds off the pressure before it gets to the correct setting. It's a shame ..

It doesn;t bleed anything off anywhere!!!!

It is a solenoid so it merely blocks the actuator feed untill the desired presure is acheived, it then opens up, allowing the actuator to open the wastegate.

Short of replacing the actuator with some form of controlled servo, I can't see a better way of doing it!

Either way... its nota problem most honda drivers are faced with anyway ;)

It doesn;t bleed anything off anywhere!!!!

It is a solenoid so it merely blocks the actuator feed untill the desired presure is acheived, it then opens up, allowing the actuator to open the wastegate.

Short of replacing the actuator with some form of controlled servo, I can't see a better way of doing it!

Either way... its nota problem most honda drivers are faced with anyway ;)

It's a solenoid, so it's bleeding a %age all the time off to the actuator (the duty cycle) .. it's why they are a nightmare to setup as you need to work out your stock boost, and then infer your duty cycle for the boost you are after. The best system would be an in car adjustable actuator ..

But for a £200 boost controller they aint too bad. And it's a DIY job to at least plumb and wire it in.

And it's not an issue for Honda's as stock, no. But then it's not an issue for modern Toyota's either.

Still think I'll beat my MR2's low 9's at Nur' in the S2000 though, and that's what *really* matters :yes::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Still can't find one :(

Finding more pics though. :ffs:

IMG_1054.jpg

Cheers fella ..

I know of 1 that was sold in OZ, 2 in Japan and 2 in the US now ..

• 2 weeks later...

FOUND ONE !!!

eBay seller "5400RPM" is a Legend, he's been hunting for a while and found me one !!

Same price as he sells the standard blue/silver.

WOO YAY

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links