Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Sr (2000)

ssk2

Hi guys,

Just a quick question - my Yaris is coming on Sunday (woooo!), and I'm hoping to fit my new headunit to it fairly soon. To save me trips to the Toyota dealer, I wanted to order the fascia surround for it, but I'm not sure if it'll be Phase 1 or Phase 2?

I'm guessing it would be Phase 1 since its quite old?

Thanks in advance!

Phase 1 as SR's were only P1's!

In phase 1 (from 99?) we have:

S,

GS,

GLS,

SR, (sporty)

CDX, (comfort)

Tsport

In Phase 2 (from 02-05?) we have:

T1,

T2,

T3,

T-spirit (comfort)

Tsport

I believe there were special editions: colour collection in P1 which was basically a CDX, then BLUE in P2 which was basically a Tspirit!

Hope this helps!

PS Now the MKII is out i think its trim levels are very similar to P2

Phase 1 is 99-03 (T-03)

Phase 2 is 03-05 (03-55)

There is no such thing as a T1 either and the Colour Collection and Blues werent basically anything - they were models in between the T3 and T-Spirit/GLS and CDX....

Sorry to be pernickity! :lol:

Phase 1 is 99-03 (T-03)

Phase 2 is 03-05 (03-55)

There is no such thing as a T1 either and the Colour Collection and Blues werent basically anything - they were models in between the T3 and T-Spirit/GLS and CDX....

Sorry to be pernickity! :lol:

Lol so i was pretty close then!!! And they are pretty much Tspirit and CDX if the ones below :S! But thanks for the update so i wont get wrong in future :yes: ... he says! :P

The SR is really just a bog standard CDX yaris with a sports pack - spoiler, nice wheels, and one of those exhaust that makes a sporty noise (but is really just a bit of metal vibrating) :crybaby::lol::lol:

So Em - could you give us the different trims\extras for each model including P1 and 2's ;) !

The SR is really just a bog standard CDX yaris with a sports pack - spoiler, nice wheels, and one of those exhaust that makes a sporty noise (but is really just a bit of metal vibrating) :crybaby::lol::lol:

So Em - could you give us the different trims\extras for each model including P1 and 2's ;) !

mccooney.jpg

Why.... YESSSS! :lol::lol::lol:

mccooney2.jpg

Hah, nice debate that's been going on..

Thanks all, that helps! I'll go order my surround now, will post pics when its done :D.

Hey I own the yaris colour collection blue. Basically as standard had some 14" alloys that were unique to it, electric front windows, only a tape player, and colour coded bumpers. Both the colour collection had their own upholestry 4 the seats but the red had red pattern and the blue had the blue pattern. Not sure if there are any other differences. Red had no alloys and the cd player basically! Bt it was a ming red!

But i was always gona put my own hifi in so seemed better 2 get the blue for the alloys....altho changed them in the end anyways :S.....bt the blue is such a beter colour!

Hey I own the yaris colour collection blue. Basically as standard had some 14" alloys that were unique to it, electric front windows, only a tape player, and colour coded bumpers. Both the colour collection had their own upholestry 4 the seats but the red had red pattern and the blue had the blue pattern. Not sure if there are any other differences. Red had no alloys and the cd player basically! Bt it was a ming red!

But i was always gona put my own hifi in so seemed better 2 get the blue for the alloys....altho changed them in the end anyways :S.....bt the blue is such a beter colour!

Nothing wrong with the blue but Caldera Red, for thus it was named, is/was not a ming red! :bangin:

red.jpg

Each to their own though, I suppose. ;)

Not as nice as that other red though! The other one looks sporty red :D

EDIT: Oops! Well i really like it :P

Hehe, personally I like the black.

But yes, each to their own, I suppose its my family's preference really? We've only ever owned silver or white, so black seemed like a reasonable safety choice :P.

On a side note, I saw my car today. I went to the dealership to order the fascia surround (£37.13), and decided to have a look at it :). Its pretty damn cool, the guy who had it before has actually fitted a muffer tip, which looks pretty cool IMO. Couldn't take any pictures because in my rush to reach the dealership before it closed, I Forgot my camera.

Only 3 days though, so must find some other way to amuse myself :wacko:

Can you further explain to me the SR's TTE rear exhaust sporty noise? Why just a bit of metal vibrating, its that bad? :o

Can you further explain to me the SR's TTE rear exhaust sporty noise? Why just a bit of metal vibrating, its that bad? :o

Well mines not a TTE exhaust ..... I don't know when Mr T removed it and replaced it with a chrome tip exhaust (I'm sure Em will know :P ) but mines 01 reg.

Basically the exhaust is just like one of those cheap ones you can buy from eBay or Halfords to stick on your exhaust to give it that throaty note. It's just bolted onto the exhaust and inside a small bit of metal vibrates when the air rushes over it giving that sporty-ish note.

I think it's a bad thing as they should have made it sound like that rather than using something from Halfords :lol::lol: .

:!Removed!:

Well mines not a TTE exhaust ..... I don't know when Mr T removed it and replaced it with a chrome tip exhaust (I'm sure Em will know :P ) but mines 01 reg.

Basically the exhaust is just like one of those cheap ones you can buy from eBay or Halfords to stick on your exhaust to give it that throaty note. It's just bolted onto the exhaust and inside a small bit of metal vibrates when the air rushes over it giving that sporty-ish note.

I think it's a bad thing as they should have made it sound like that rather than using something from Halfords :lol::lol: .

:!Removed!:

Have you even heard a TTE exhaust? it's a full proper backbox. OK it's not a massive performance gain like fuji's or blitz, but better over standard.

So you have the TTE exhaust/system?

What reg is yours then, or if you know when did they swap it for the chrome tip - mines 01!

I take it there's no backbox on mine ? - what do I need to look for?

So you have the TTE exhaust/system?

What reg is yours then, or if you know when did they swap it for the chrome tip - mines 01!

I take it there's no backbox on mine ? - what do I need to look for?

Mines an OAP like me :thumbsup: , its a 99/V reg. i'll try to get a picture from underneath. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links