Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Question/ Idea

zebidi

has anyone known or done.... the standard t sport ecu remapped? no piggies.

im thinking about it after everything, i only got manifold to fit now and probs leaving it, unless i can get custom inlet bananas made.

its got a locked EPROM, you cant do anything with it in the ways of modifying the fuel map, only toyota themselves can make necessary adjustments to it

get eManage for about 150quid from the states for a decent piggy back controller

Plus you may aswell get a piggy back unit as you can then revert to stock whenever needed more easily rather than going back to toyota and asking them to remap it to standard at a hefty price. If you eventually become mod mad cant you just replace the whole unit with a standalone ECU at a hefty price with a lot of dyno time. Not worth it unless your really rebuilding the engine for huge gains. Piggybacks can be picked up pretty cheap and with the CAMCON on the market with an easy interface you can mod the air and fuelling easy.

Whats bad about it? just rubbish parameters to edit? Surely its just a fuel to air controller so you just set them what you want and if it performs bad its rubbish settings? Poor interface and not enough control over the settings the problem?

So what exactly did it say then as your all just saying it rubbish but not why :P

EDIT: I had a quick search on google and only found good review on other forums!

Club Scionic Review

Scion Life Review

I no this aint a yaris but similar engine aint it? Surely wouldn't be that different! It cheap aswell so surely worth it if you got only a few mods and want to fine tune them. I would consider one as you can just revert to normal timing at any time so no permanent change!

The Scion reviews Ive read had very very minor gains with extreme mods.

The scion uses the same engine as the T-Sport and with this in mind Id say the results should be similar.

The issues come from the fact that stock fueling components arent able to be adjusted by enough to make the gains noticeable. Uprating the fuel pump, fuel rail and injectors will help with this but still within parameters...

O right so the CAMCON basically doesnt make enough difference within the stock fuelling and then if you uprate, it isn't able to control it? What does it do in the way of vvti control? would it be useful used solely as a vvti controller? (as i believe its the only one on the market)

O right so the CAMCON basically doesnt make enough difference within the stock fuelling and then if you uprate, it isn't able to control it? What does it do in the way of vvti control? would it be useful used solely as a vvti controller? (as i believe its the only one on the market)

its SUPPOSED to allow you to adjust your power band.........

Yeah you can in theory adjust when the VVti kicks in - but within tight parameters. Its not that it cant control the uprated fueling - just that it again has narrow limits to adjust within

The Apexi V-AFC will control vvti kick in too but if you lower it you'll loose power.

You have one power map with one "lo" cam, and one power map with another "hi" cam.

When the "hi cam crosses the "lo" cam, that where the VVTi changeover point is set. Change it earlier and you'll be running on a cam with less power.

The only was to gain proper power is increase the amount of fuel/air being combusted. And with a 1.5 engine .. there isn't much that can be done.

You either.

1. Get a bigger engine (More cylinders, or more volume) - not ideal as I understand the yaris ECU controls a lot more than the engine.

2. FI - By blowing more air in, you can add more fuel.

3. Rev higher - Feed more air in, within a fixed time period. But you'll need new cams, injectors, valves to cope with the speeds.

Or do something origional, don't go for high BHP (you'll only be beaten by the guy with golf GTi) but go throttle bodies and hi flow exhaust .. have a car that's very responsive and awesome to drive.

This is why when I had the unichip mapped I asked for a smoothed-out torque band.

It now pulls steadily through all the gears - the before dyno run was all lumpy - they smoothed it out nicely using the unichip. Im not saying its now the most powerful car here, but its darn good fun to drive.

You were fine - just needed to remind you about the brakes. Jaxx nearly had a mishap when I forgot to mention it ...

(before anyone says anything - my car is insured for any driver - another perk of being an old !Removed!!)

This is why when I had the unichip mapped I asked for a smoothed-out torque band.

It now pulls steadily through all the gears - the before dyno run was all lumpy - they smoothed it out nicely using the unichip. Im not saying its now the most powerful car here, but its darn good fun to drive.

What was the before and after bhp of your car?

You were fine - just needed to remind you about the brakes. Jaxx nearly had a mishap when I forgot to mention it ...

(before anyone says anything - my car is insured for any driver - another perk of being an old !Removed!!)

yeah i nearly clocked that frog thingy on your drive :lol2:

It was 115 and is now 126.5 - could have had more but wanted the smooth torque curve - and no I cant remember the torque figures off the top of my head.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links