Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Mr2 Little Nightmare

dathoma

Hi All, hope you might be able to offer me some advise, had a painfull drive home on christmas eve where my MR2 suffered a coolant problem after travelling 400miles :crybaby: . I've been able to get the car down to Millway and Jay has told me that the head has definitely gone and is not certain on taking any chances with the re-using the block.

So he's advised me to get another engine as at least this will all be intact, I was hoping if you know anyone who has a Rev2 Engine or may be breaking an MR2 down for parts.

Anyhelp will be great, i'm sure bibbs is still chuckling over it since Saturdays drinks.

Cheers again

What drinks? Me, no a clue what you are on about ..

I'm keeping an ear out for you fella ..

Have you had a look at

www.imoc.co.uk

and

www.mr2oc.co.uk

as they are the main MR2 lists and I think the forsale/wanted sections are free to use ..

Cheers buddy, I had a quick chat with Jay, I have 2 options

1) Obtain a recon engine

2) Replace the head but Jay said it could be risky :unsure:

The coolant pipe that went was the one underneath the turbo, hopefully all should go well, oh yea do you still have your TRD gear knob, was thinking of adding it to the short shift.

Cheers again. :thumbsup:

I think it's still on the car .. you got a non stocker I can replace it with?

when i replaced the turbo engine on my last mr2, i got one from a breakers for £500 and then installing it cost me another £500 :(

hello. remeber seeing one on eBay so had a look for you, just search mr2 turbo and there is a few engines and engines breaking for spares. hope you get lucky, i know 2 of them are rev 2's with decent mileage.

Cheers for the advice, yea I have a watchfull eye on them, especially the one that comes with a gear box which would be superb as an extra.

Thanks again for all the help, I know its gonna be a pricey job but I will not have my car put down :D

aye very right,dont put it down am sure youl be back in no time. theres also a rev 3, have no idea if its a straight swap tho.

aye very right,dont put it down am sure youl be back in no time. theres also a rev 3, have no idea if its a straight swap tho.

Pretty much, just the loom and ECU needed from what I gather.

Yea I mentioned it to Jay at Millway and he said it would require some extra parts inorder to fit a rev 3 engine, anyways keeping my eyes open.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links