Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thumbs Up For Connects 2

Paul Kempster

Ordered a Connects 2 from Halfords last week, which turned up after 3 days, and have just fitted it to the car. I've seen the install guide on here for the CD multi-changer but as had been mentioned on the P2 it is possible to access the stereo cable through the passenger footwell WITHOUT removing dash :thumbsup: .

Whole job done in about 20 mins. Granted a fair amount of contortion was required to get your arm up there lying down .

This is a great gadget and reasonably priced at 49.99! Now we can have MP3s from the Sony walkman rather than just single slot CD option.

Paul

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with mine. If i try to scroll through to it using the tape:cd button it comes up 'error3' and no sound. If i unplug the connects 2 then plug it back in while it still shows error 3 it then plays but still displays error 3 on the screen. If i turn the car or stereo off i have to start again.Any ideas anyone???

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with mine. If i try to scroll through to it using the tape:cd button it comes up 'error3' and no sound. If i unplug the connects 2 then plug it back in while it still shows error 3 it then plays but still displays error 3 on the screen. If i turn the car or stereo off i have to start again.Any ideas anyone???

I assume that it must be something wrong with the box. I don't know what the error-code is but I guess there is a connection issue. If you have a volt-meter to hand test the connections and also undo the screws to see if you can see anything obvious (broken tracks, unsoldered parts etc) on the inside.

Depending on how long you have had it, try Halfords and try to get a new box. If they don't let you exchange it try calling the manufacturer of 'Connects 2' :thumbsup:

does the standard controls get used to control the mp3 player on the dash

thinkin of gettin so i can swap my HD5 between cars with ease

If your asking whether the dash buttons act as a remote, im pretty sure they dont. There is a remote cable to send signals to the CD changer usually but i think these guys are just using the AUX input and ignoring the remote line. I may be wrong but pretty sure. I think for a remote you need to get either a specific HU (i think atm they only do HU that can control Ipods) or an inline remote that you put in the Headphone and remote sockets on your MP3 and then into a 3.5mm jack to AUX cable into the Connects2 interface.

Hope that helps (and is correct!:P)

If your asking whether the dash buttons act as a remote, im pretty sure they dont. There is a remote cable to send signals to the CD changer usually but i think these guys are just using the AUX input and ignoring the remote line. I may be wrong but pretty sure. I think for a remote you need to get either a specific HU (i think atm they only do HU that can control Ipods) or an inline remote that you put in the Headphone and remote sockets on your MP3 and then into a 3.5mm jack to AUX cable into the Connects2 interface.

Hope that helps (and is correct!:P)

It a short word ....... no

You can only adjust the volume ;) !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links