Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Standard Amp

acstreet

hi there

i think i have located the amp behind the passenger seat in the plastic trim but im not sure i got two silver metal boxes there isit the top one or the bottom one

but does this amp run the standard sub because i have ripped the standard sub out and want to fit custom boxes there and replace that standard amp

isit possible to use the wiring from the standard amp and use it on a good amp as i already have one amp in the boot for my subwoofer in the boot

hope this makes sense

cheers

acstreet

It's best to just strip the lot out .. the std wire loom is pretty pony at best.

(also, can you shrink your siggy - pics at to be 60pix high maximum)

dont really want to re wire the whole lot yet because i dont really want to attempt at all that.

but i will get it done later on in the year maybe

isit possible just to use the wiring on the standard amp to a good amp.

if so how isit done

the std amp uses toyota plug, and is the size of a !Removed! packet. It'd be hard work to extend the loom and then put standard plugs on the loom to mate into an amp.

it's a lot of bother for no gain ..

then i guess may aswell rip it all out least i will have a good sound system then and no standard rubbish.

cheers bibbs for the advice will get on that on monday

acstreet

Don't see the point of ripping it out?

Why not just rewire for the new amp but leave the standard loom intact incase you ever sell the car,

that way you don't need to leave you're decent amp in the car and can easily fit the old stuff back in.

isit hard to rewire it all for a good amp or isit a simple job i dont have much of a clue with the electrics. please give me an idea how i could do this...

cheers actsreet

1. Get a good headunit with a few preouts.

2. Then get wires from the HU and Battery to an amp.

3. Wire the amp to a new set of companents.

I had 2 amps (one under each set) and had a sub off one and the components off the other ..

i have got a good head unit anyway and i have one amp already running off it which runs the subs in the boot but cant remember how many preouts probaly only 1 knowing my luck

i want to have another amp say a multi-channel amp in behind the seats to run two subwoofers one behind each seat.

Okay .. At the worst I had the following.

One JL amp to run 2x 10" JL Subs.

One JL amp to run the components.

One unknown amp to run a 12" in the spare wheel well.

You could pass one amp through to the other (pre out on the amp) - done that too ..

Most new Alpine have 3 outputs, 1-fronts, 1-rears, 1-sub.

what so i could have two amps running on the one set of cable if you get me so i would have to buy a splitter cable kind of thing

No need for a splitter ..

I had one set of preout wires off my headunit to my Sub amp .. and then on the pre out on the amp, a pair of cables off to an amp for my components.

My amps were cheapie(ish) JL audio so had a load of functionality.

I then T'ed the power cables for the amp to the other too.

oh i see so a nice easy job the just need to buy another cable so i can have the two amps running

cheers bibbs thanks very much for your help

when i have done all this will take some piccys

acstreet

So keep your current amp for the subs and just dump another amp in for the components .. and make sure it's got a pre out.

Good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

the standard system is pap and a big job to remove, have a look at my recent thread of the !Removed! ive ripped out so far!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links