Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Weekends Work :)

System~G

New Front End!!! WhooHoo!!!

Not going to go into too much detail as I don’t really have much time ATM.

In short, we only sheered two bolts and had to grind six bolts off. Job well done.

Photos:

Before - well a year ago – many have seen the sorry state the panels got into before this weekend’s work:

Front valance Before:

ddfdb939.jpg

Front Off-side:

4c2a568e.jpg

Front Near-side:

e36765a7.jpg

Dismatling:

7ca7ce57.jpg

4d9805be.jpg

63cc82c5.jpg

0bb0e682.jpg

4ba864d3.jpg

Continued...

Prevention of further rust:

e716f03e.jpg

c096e3e1.jpg

393f0a4e.jpg

Re-assembling:

b1513917.jpg

2b453090.jpg

Done:

ebe3f375.jpg

c51903ca.jpg

36fd64c0.jpg

210efb50.jpg

Well not quite 100% done – some thieving toe-rag nicked the side repeaters whilst we were having lunch! Strange they only took the repeaters as there were loads of expensive tools too… Beats me!

Also need to stick on the rubbing strips...

And now need to wash the rest of the car so all panels colour match in future photos

Well chuffed 8)

Big thanks to Jo (my No.2 Spanner) who was extremely supportive and quick to duck when I threw my tools (toys) out the cot! :mrgreen:

Chris (LimeyMk1) and Matt (Mr Dix) (Both IMOC Members) for the wings at a damn good price.

The kind IMOC member who sold me the valance - sorry dude can't remember your username... :eye:

Luke from Castle Coachworks in Northampton who arranged the prepping and spraying.

Looking very good mate! bout time you made the car happy once more.. she had been waiting a while to look as good as the engine bay! :D :P

that looks loads better garrick - really nice job ;) , are you colour coding the black bits or leaving them black? :)

Very nice job and work done! Keep it up! :)

Hey garrick

Great job mate. Glad to see that you are restoring the old girl smile again. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jerry!!

nice one - looking good :thumbsup:

Rash.

people will steal anything these days! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

hes right.... only tonight i had to take a traffic cone, half a paving slab and a an empty crisp packet id stolen out of the boot in case the po po got me with my stash :lol:

n ur jobs lookin like they turned out cool :thumbsup: :)

well worth the effort mate :) looks lovely :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the words of encouragement :thumbsup:

Here's a few shots with the spare side repeaters back in and a bit of a wash to show colour match is pretty much bang-on.

91229d69.jpg

4d18d8ae.jpg

c280d4a9.jpg

Still need to get the rubbing strips back on the wings and re-align the near-side headlight cover. I also now have red/black reclinable bucket seats and a TRD race harness to fit. Then also rear brakes before Brunters B)

that looks loads better garrick - really nice job ;) , are you colour coding the black bits or leaving them black? :)

I'm deffo keeping the car in it's original (1a) colour scheme Tegan B)

The stock wheels will become used only in winter and on track and will also be refurbished in black. I should be getting a set of black Team Dynamics ProRace for day-to-day/show use as finances allow. Rear arches still need doing too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links