Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bye Bye Mr2!

Jimlad

What car now?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What car should I get now?

• Evo 3
    • Rx7
    • R33 Skyline (GTS-T)
    • MKIII supra
    • Subaru Impreza
    • GTO
    • MKIV N/A Supra
    • Pulsar GTI-R
    • 300zx
    • 200sx
    • GT4 (new chape)
    • GT4 (old shape)

Finally sold my mr2 at a rediculously low price, due to time of year (just waiting on deposit).

I'll be sorry to see the car go after spending so much money and time on her... but hopefully it'll go to a good home!!!

Curious as to what you guys think I should go for next... at the moment me and Rico are looking at all sorts of cars (he's helping me decide!!!)

I am seriously thinking RX7... simply because there aren't that many about and they do look good!! Fair enough engine rebuilds are common, but it would be something I would do over next winter while it's off the road.

Open to any opinions of what I should get!!! Help me decide!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimlad

• Bibbs

• ricomr2

• Jamesb4uk

I voted the old shape GT4.. don't know why.. but because i can't really see past Toyota and the GT4 is a lovely looking car.

As long as it's jap.. you should be fine... but don't get an impreza or an evo.. way too common.

Got to be an RX7 :D But reliability may be an issue

or maybe an ST205 :wacko:

I voted the same as cfc1,(old shape GT4)- for obvious reasons. It`s a Toyota. It`s gorgeous and i`m biassed. :P

RX-7 :) But only if you're sure you can afford to run it, nothing worse than having a car like that but not being able to use it.

Evo 3 - Too expensive for what they are, also no AVC which is the only reason to buy an Evo

Rx7 - Nice...but be prepared to spend lots of money...thats just oil....not taking into account engine rebuilds :lol:

R33 Skyline (GTS-T) - Good choice, but if you gonna get a skyline then get an R32 GTR as its the only REAL godzilla and not too expensive

MKIII supra - Make sure you get a 1jz 2.5 TT :thumbsup:

Subaru Impreza - Nothing says i like to think im colin mcrae on the way home from dropping the kids off at school better than a scooby :rolleyes:

GTO - Make sure you get a 6 Speed TT, little too heavy these cars. Dont expect to beat any Skylines/Supras in it.

MKIV N/A Supra - Very good buy at the mo, cheap as chips. Get a Manual and strip it out and then take on the turbo boys :thumbsup:

Pulsar GTI-R - Saxo with a hard on...

300zx - Engine is made out of cheese

200sx - Good if standard, but too many maxers out there get their greasy little hands on these.

GT4 (new chape) - 4WD and easy 300bhp, not as much torque as a supra but at least this wont put you in a tree

GT4 (old shape ) - As above but cheaper with less poke, watch for ones with headgasket problems.

I of course voted GT4 new shape, but thats because im a car slag and either owned/driven most of these :lol:

I voted GTO - not sure exactly why, just seems a fair choice after the '2 and they're going for reasonable money plus it was the first thing that came to mind after glancing at your avatar (who knows??). A very close second would be a GT-Four, new shape. :)

Pulsar GTI-R - Saxo with a hard on... :lol::lol: dont let the GTIR OC see you say that

300zx - Engine is made out of cheese - How long's your Lotus been in the garage??? :P

Pulsar GTI-R - Saxo with a hard on... :lol::lol: dont let the GTIR OC see you say that

300zx - Engine is made out of cheese - How long's your Lotus been in the garage??? :P

Sorry didnt mean to offend :lol: I'll have you know my Lotus has a fantastic engine, its the gearbox you gotta worry about :unsure::lol: Its going in for its MOT this week :wacko:

Nissan Sunny .. TAXI !!! :yes:

Anything that gets you off this forum :P

Skoda? Bimmer?

Changing brands didn't get rid of you..... or me for that matter :unsure:

Anything that gets you off this forum :P

Skoda? Bimmer?

Changing brands didn't get rid of you..... or me for that matter :unsure:

Still got a 'yota on the drive :thumbsup:

This is the car that made me vote RX7.....

Looks nice .. and they aren't as bad as all the horror stories you read.

Nice and chuckable and real good power to weight.

Sorry didnt mean to offend :lol: I'll have you know my Lotus has a fantastic engine, its the gearbox you gotta worry about :unsure::lol: Its going in for its MOT this week :wacko:

No offence taken matey :thumbsup:

Your probably right about the VG30 but the TT is worse for reliability TBH.

J

I voted Evo 3.

With the number of times the MR-2 has been /almost been in hedges Jim needs 4 wheel drive! Evo 3 is old enough that it isn't the wannabe-rally driver-knob motor that the newer ones are.

Impreza is right out

:thumbsup:

A

This is the car that made me vote RX7.....

7a_1_b.JPG

If you do go for an RX7, make sure to visit:

WGT Auto Developments

One of my Dads friends is one of the owners, does magical things with Rotary engines :lol:

:thumbsup:

Its not on your list *cough and mebbe it should be..... but what about a Mitsi 3000GT. I dont know anything about them but it sure looks the biz. B)

Its not on your list *cough and mebbe it should be..... but what about a Mitsi 3000GT. I dont know anything about them but it sure looks the biz. B)

Think the 3000GT and the GTO are the same thing, if not very close :thumbsup:

GT4

GT4.jpg

Depends what you want in a car, but thats a great all rounder. 4WD, great handling, serious power, looks great, actually reasonably practical.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links