Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Gone All Wrong

acstreet

right i had all my Speakers and subwoofers working fine and today i got a new map a better one a four channel amp

wired that up just like normal the same with the other 2 channel amp and then nothing works through the amp.

so i thought maybe the amp is buggered my new one but i pu tthe old amp in and nothing.

both amps shows they got power running to it and the wire from the amp which goes to the head unit is fine

but i think it might be my headunit rca leads output because i get no sound coming through my rca leads which lead through the back to the amp and have no sound and now my stereo works normal but cant use the rca leads i think not sure

please help me i am so stressed about this.

cheers acstreet

So your RCA outputs are defo in your headunit .. and you are getting nothing out the Speakers.

Take the RCA connectors off the HU and tap them together, do the Speakers crackle?

Have you hit mute by accident?

How are your Speakers wires up?

i have took my headunit out so can see all the wires so defo the rca leads are in and now mute i havnt hit that and i put the rca leads to a subwoofer and nohting happens

do you think it might be my headunit output dead

Speakers on crappy standard amps but they work its the subwoofers that dont becuase for some reason no amps are givin out to any of my subwoofers i disconeected all the subs and connected one of each n none of them work

seems to be no sound coming through

sounds like a defo RCA output problem

If your normal Speakers are working fine, then its not mute on the HU.

If the amps have power, then the earth and power must be ok.

If our sure the remote lead from the HU is ok, then the only thing left is RCA output from the HU

Dont know what to sugest to try and resolve it though, if you have already tried your old amp back in the system ,it must be the HU !

Okay .. so the Speakers are still on stock loom are working.

So if you disconnect the RCA's for the sub, and rub em together, still nothing? You should get a crackle.

You got anything else you can connect to the speaker end after the amps? Like another speaker?

Speakers are on stock loom still work

the headunit shows that the Speakers are playing which they are and thats it so thats no help and i have not got any other head unit

im totally puzzled and the moment so stressed out !Removed! stereos and electronics do my head in

Defo sounds like the RCA's are doing nothing.

On mine I can set the volume on the RCA's separatly (Alpine, push the volume button and it selects Volume/Fade/Sub/Front/Rear .. )

what so you think its the rca leads or the output ones from my HU

if its the HU will i have to buy a new headunit.

dont no what to do or try at the moment

could it be the remote lead knackered i dont know but it looks all connected fine im guessin its rather that or my head unit buggered or the rcas

Without looking I couldn't tell you ..

Is the power lit up on the amp? Is the volume up on the amp?

Have you tried with new RCA cables (same as on a seporates stereo)?

How about the sub wires? are they connected proper?

everything seems to be normal but il have a look tommorrow in the daylight and see what i may have done wrong

and yes the power is lit up on the amp

i will try all the things you have suggested tommorrow so i will have a fresh mind

cheers bibbs great help once again

andy

No Problem.

If the amp is powered, that'll be the remote wire is okay.

Need to check ..

1. The HU is sending a signal

2. The amp is getting it

3. The amp is sending a signal

4. The Sub is getting it

And when we have a "no" that'll be the issue :)

right i put my output of the back of my headunit to a subwoofer and nothing happens and dont no wether this is anything to do with it but anyway all my dad says is the headunit is buggered.

if i take some piccys would it be easier for you to help

think ive decided its possibly my headunit is buggered its pretty crap anyway to be honest so it maybe that im not sure

will put some piccys up if needed

cheers

acstreet

what do you think of this headunit may aswell start looing as it sounds liek mines knakered well the output is

will sell it to my dad beacuse he hasnt got one in his astra

what you think bibbs does it sound like its dead

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'd do bit more digging with the current one.

The Alpine looks good .. I've got a very similar one. Love Alpine units, total quality.

going to get my dads friend to look at the headunit but i think i will go for that alpine one anyway because its much better than mine with the features and stuff its got and then give the old one to my dad or something..

cheers bibbs fro your quick responses will let you no how it all turns out

andy

Agreed...I have an Alpine 9 series MP3 player, top HU.

Love the Alpines !

I know its a pain, but id try another HU in your car 1st if you can, or yours in another car. if you dont wanna buy a new one that is !

getting new headunit next week and also front apline Speakers as i already have done the rears to alpine so mayswell go for a whole alpine setup.

just gotta wait till i get paid and then will get it all

Speakers im going to get , any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i have now got some alpine Speakers to replace the rubbish ones in the doors and now have alpines up front and alpines in the rear

also have a new alpine headunit which i gotta put in i have to rewire the whole lot as who ever done the old headunit has ruined all the wires behind the headunit so gotta do it all the hard way

will post pics once all done also behind the the seats i have mounted in the shelfs of the storage boxes a 3 way speaker each side and they sound awesome but.

once i get that new headunit in then i will have 3 subwoofers in the boot and alpine Speakers up front and rear and some threee way Speakers behind the seats also wil be able to connect my ipod to my new unit..

cheers

andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links