Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed.

mark_n

I had two new front tyres fitted today and since then the car seems to be pulling to the left hand side. I thought the tyre pressures might be out so I checked them the offside had 28 psi and nearside had 24 psi in. Its supposed to have 32 psi in. So I pumped up the tyres to the correct pressure. I checked the wheel huts and they are tight. And it still seems to pull to the left hand side.

I got the tyres from Kwik Fit. I was concerned what they put the car on a lift so all the wheels were off the ground.

What could be wrong?

Thanks.

Could be that you're tracking was out before you had them fitted and now the new tyres are on and balanced, it's made it more obvious.

Take it back and ask them to check it.

It will probably be the tracking as Rico has said. Were the old tyres worn more on one side? (most common to be the inside if tracking has caused it).. if so, the car will now be trying to wear down the new tyres the same way, which could be causing it to pull.

If the tracking is ok you could try swapping the wheels over (left to right and vice versa) and see if it helps. Other things that can cause it are sticky breack calipers.. worn track rod ends.. ball joints etc.. but if all was ok before the tyres were fitted.. i would say that 99% you will find that the tracking will need adjusting.

I can't get into your garage to see your car.. but if your car has been lowered, the standard tracking settings won't apply to your car.. in these cases it's better to get a full global geometric check done, that way you are guaranted it will be at the correct settings for whatever set up you have. Once you have a global geometric check done, you will get a print out which will show what the toe settings have been set at.. use these settings to get normal tracking done the next time it is required.. saves you getting another global check.. unless you change your suspension again.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. The car is on standard suspention and standard wheels. The car has done 19000 miles so I hope its not the track rod ends or ball joints. So I guess it looks like the tracking could be out.

I will go and get it checked tomorrow.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links