Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

@ The Black Pump...

JAHill

I've been to a couple of sites but neither tell me much other than that their brand is the best!

What are the "real" benefits of Premium Diesel over normal Low Sulphur? Is it worth the 40p extra for a full tank and will it cause any problems in a D4D?

Many thanks,

Jim

The Premium Diesel is from BP (Snax 24 Daybrook in Notts @ 96.9p/l) the normal low sulphur is from ASDA or Tesco. (90.9p/l)

Actually, it's more like £3.60 difference for a 60l tank full... Late night & crap at maths! :)

Cheers - I thought you may be referring to BP Ultimate Diesel.

Well, the claim is that it contains additives that'll clean your engine (33% faster) with regular use and improve performance - turning a 2l engine into the equivalent of a 2.3l. Also it will give you the equivalent of '28 miles more per tank'. It is also claimed that it will help maintain optimum diesel fuel injection.

Whether you believe the claims is another story - but what I do know is that you have to fill up a minimum of 3 times before these benefits start to kick in. Something which most fuel companies will not tell you.

People shouldn't fill up with one tank and say they feel the difference. They simply won't as for example, who runs their engine completely dry before filling up with the new stuff? No one - so you have to get the old fuel out first which takes a while.

HTH. They are required to have leaflets on the counter. Worth picking one up or asking where they are next time :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. I supsected a near empty tank and a few refills would be needed to feel the benefits but worth knowing all the same. I get a good expenses rate from my boss so it might be worth doing.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

Jim

People shouldn't fill up with one tank and say they feel the difference. They simply won't as for example, who runs their engine completely dry before filling up with the new stuff? No one - so you have to get the old fuel out first which takes a while.

I used to have a 306Dturbo (horrid nasty thing!) and you really could tell the difference with the premium stuff. I used to get the Shell diesel which said it was better for some reason and when I put that in my car hardly smoked on startup - as soon as I put cheaper fuel in it would go back to smoking on startup.

You also could notice straight away. I normally fill up when the light comes on which only leaves a gallon or so, a quick run uses up the stuff in the pipes and the rest of what's left in the tak gets dilluted into the good fuel.

There is deffinatley a difference and it can be noticed more or less straight away, but as for performance gains - I never noticed anything really.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links