Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pocket Pc Software

jaxx

right ive got a pocket pc on the way as its going to be my new satnav souce (easy to switch between umpteen cars)as well as being an organiser as my SE P910i is going face first into a wall soon....

just wondering what other bits and bobs, applications etc i can add on?

recommendations? :thumbsup:

BetaPlayer is good for playing dvd's on it

Worms or Snails are good games for it

Virtual Pool is good on the ppc

obviously get tomtom

must be loads more but I just can't think now

its got a nav system coming with it, no idea if its any good though

if it is pants though ill just reload a different one

I'm a WorldMate obsessive. World time zones and weather (updates over t'internet through your PC), currency conversion (again over t'internet for rate download), weight/measure/distance/speed/volume conversion and even your Japanese shoe size. A great bit of kit imho...

Acrobat Reader's a must and so is the fantastic (free) Metro program of the world's public transport systems. Much more about it at http://nanika.net/metro (website doesn't seem to be working right now :?)

Tchart's GPS Speed Sentry is handy. Shows altitude and stuff too as well as max speed and distance travelled.

That's about all right now - I tend to synchronise it with everything so my whole life is in mine. The only trouble is when you put crap info in it will give crap info out (think JAE...)

:thumbsup:

A

cheers alan, tried worldmate on my p910, but thats !Removed! (the phone) and refuses to acknowledge the internet, partially 02's fault i think but ive had enough with it!

always thought it would be a good thing to have!

Avantgo to get the news, weather, TV listings, car info, Rolling Stone, etc. etc. synched to your PDA.

Pocket music mp3 music player for when I don't have my iPod with me but still want music.

Oh and McAfee Virus Scan. :thumbsup:

You can get virus scan?

Do you ever use Avantgo Dr. J? I've had it for ages, but rarely use it tbh. I guess I don't spend ages sitting in trains or airports...

A

Pocket Informat, and Beta player (as mentioned) and there is a project firefox knocking around too! Also i think its called wisbar, nice themeing etc

You can get virus scan?

Do you ever use Avantgo Dr. J? I've had it for ages, but rarely use it tbh. I guess I don't spend ages sitting in trains or airports...

A

Yes, I've got McAfee VirusScanPDA on mine but I can't find it on their UK site anymore. :rolleyes:

try here

Yes I do use Avantgo but I do know what you mean. Downloads masses of info each day to your PDA which doesn't get read. Still, if you've time to read a newspaper, you have time to read the news on your PDA, I guess. :unsure:

Oh and Alan? No doctorate. Plain old 'Mister' will do. :thumbsup:

Asus A636 :) Its got Navigator PN, never heard of it but tried it out and it seems pretty good, very very accurate to be honest in terms of position!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links