Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

GiJoe90

:help: Now I'm out of the asylum I need to sort my insurance out. My step dads been looking after it whilst i've been in hospital but not much progress made.

7 years of driving I've never had to deal with these people before. Just after a bit of advice really. I know not to take the first offer but any tricks of the trade would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Guest rev3turbo

Only thing i can say m8 is don't settle for anything you're not happy with, depending if you want to buy it back to break for spares or let the insurance company dispose of it for you,,

just make sure you get a good settlement :thumbsup:

We aren't all horrible I promise!! I'm one of the people who take reports of Motor Insurance Claims and "gets the wheels in motion" (excuse the pun!).

Whats happened with the car so far as far as you know? You will most likely be offered a market value for your car as a settlement figure, minus your excess. If you disagree with this then you will probably need to get some proof that cars the same age/mileage and similar spec as yours are worth more so the offer can be reconsidered. The way the Company I work for works is the vehicle will be picked up by our Salvage Agents & taken to one of their holding places, an engineer goes to inspect it and does a report at the salvage yard place. This is then sent to the Insurance Claims Department with the offer for the car determined by the engineer after the inspection, they then contact you to discuss it further. I don't know timescales for certain as I only do the beginning so can't help you out there really.

If you want any more advice feel free to give me a shout!

I'd recommend you get some evidence together now to prove that the car is worth the most possible, Get print outs and get them ready to be sent off to your insurer once the engineer has inspected you car, the more proof the better :thumbsup:

As for timescales, could be quick if it all goes smoothly ie, a couple of weeks, but if they mess about with stupid vehicle values then it could take a while :!Removed!:

Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

Mike

My only advice is to hound them....

Hound them, hound them, hound them.... otherwise they will sit and twiddle their thumbs for months on end (no offence Tina!)

Sadly, companies are more likely to do something for you if you are a nuisance to them! :rolleyes:

My only advice is to hound them....

Hound them, hound them, hound them.... otherwise they will sit and twiddle their thumbs for months on end (no offence Tina!)

Sadly, companies are more likely to do something for you if you are a nuisance to them! :rolleyes:

No offence taken!! Altho really the Insurance should want to get the claim settled ASAP to reduce it's length and the expenses that build up in the long run :thumbsup:

Oh and also another reason it might take longer is that the Insurance Co could be incredibly busy and have lots of claims to do...I know we don't sit and twiddle our thumbs where I work :lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links