Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Boost Guage

scratchy

Hi everyone,

Just registered with club, although have been browsing for quite a while

I have a 93 MR2 Turbo, just wondering if anyone knows where to source a custom door pod to mount a boost guage. All I seem to find is universal ones, and i don't want to start cutting and hagging

Also if anyone has photos of how to fit boost guage at turbo side, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Not sure about the pods, but I dont recon the universal ones can that bad ?

But to fit a boost gause it depends if its a mechanial / electrical one.

For a mechanical, the wires are just for the back light.

Then you'll need to run some vacume pipe from the gauge position through to the engine bay.

In the engine bay use a 'T' piece, cut a vacume pipe from the manifold and place that in, then connect the boost gauge hose to that !

dont do to the turbo, id go to the manifold, get the manifold pressue !

Going to the turbo would mean cutting the pipe that feeds the actuator.

Electrical ones will have a small device that sits in the engine bay, once ahain use a 'T' Piece and cut into a manifold vacume pipe, from that run it to the device (normally a small cylinder) then wires will feed from that to the actual gauge in your cabbin.

Jesus,

I have to admit that i've already copied your idea, hope you dont mind.

I have oil pressure and Battery mounted in centre of dash, but i still like the idea of having boost guage on door pillar, where its clearly visable. I'll post some pics when i have it in.

Unfortunately I took out the dash, mounted stero, facia and pods, though now it looks like i'll have to strip it all again to fit the hole in the dash, and mount pods and facia when the dash is screwed in.

Just wondering if anyone out there knew of a custom made pod, to avoid having to modify a universal one.

Regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links