Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad Tv - Do You Actually Like It?

Fidgits

Bad TV - do you actually like it?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Following Big Brother, and other pathetic TV - i wonder if any of us actually watch it

• I'm normal, so I hate both Soap Operas and Reality TV
    • I have no life, and therefore watch soap operas
    • I have no brain, and therefore watch Reality TV
    • My parents used my head as a basketball for 6 years, so i actually spend my life watching stupid soap operas and pathetic Reality tv
    • I'm a vegitarian, so i dont actually own a TV

i just thought it would be interesting to see what peoples choices are when it comes to the mind numbing shows we get nowadays!... :lol:

well I had to choose the Parents used my head as basketball option as I watch some soap opera's - in particular Coronation Street and Eastenders and also like I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here, however Big Brother is something I usually avoid..but last night I watched the Final which I am ashamed of :lol: :P

So because someone dont agree with you Ian, that makes them wrong.... You know I'm always right, regardless.... that would make you wrong! :lol:

The way I see it, its a personal decision, doesnt make someone right or wrong - are you really so judgemental?

And yes, I'm a soap fan, I dont watch a great deal of reality TV, I watched CBB, so shoot me! :lol: If that makes me the scum of society, then so be it, because quite frankly my dear, I dont give a damn! ;) :lol:

Strange that, because I thought you didnt either.... and here you are posting about it. ;)

im sorry Em - your complaining about me posting a poll? :lol:

i was just wondering whether im in the minority or majority is all... and i wasnt saying i was right, even though i obviously am, just that reality tv is mindless entertainment :lol:

I'm not complaining.... I'm just saying that if you really didnt care, like you said, then you wouldnt bother posting said poll in the first place.... ;)

Just me being observant is all! :lol:

And your a man, and I'm a woman and men and women are different, because men are different to women and men know men, and women know women, because they are different to men, who are different to women and... well to get to Randys point, your a man and men are always wrong! :lol:

Option 1 - I detest Soap Operas and reality TV.

The most tele I watch nowadays are various comedies, the odd car/ bike programme, and some MTV...

i never said i didnt care Em - if your remember correctly, i said i hated the mindless junk and i didnt care who won some popularity contest on tv...

i mean, didnt more people vote in one of these big pile of !Removed! shows than voted for in the general election or something?

Yeah, and that IMO shows that people trust and believe TV shows rather than politicians. Its not the way it should be, but its the way it is and thats the state of affairs nowadays - the media rules.

you cant call crap TV media - media is the news, FACTS, not brainless entertaiment...

but your right, were turning into the yanks - fat, lazy brainless slaves to the box in the corner of the room, with no capacity for independent thought....

I meant the media as a whole.... TV, papers - the papers splash Chantelle on the covers and rant about it - the media entice us to watch - as for politics, the only thing splashed on the front pages is scandal.... whos sleeping with rent boys etc etc

No wonder people are more inclined to vote for Big Brother than dodgy politicians!

very valid point...

i dont tend to think of the likes of the sun as actual 'newspapers', as you say, they are as bad as the TV shows themselves...

you have a point, but perhaps if people turned over the TV, bought a paper that discussed more than which celeb is sleeping with which other celeb, then they might actually start to care about politics, about the world we live in...

For instance, when i was in Israel, Palestine had their general elections, and the group that has been resonsible for the suicide bombings for the past 7 years actually won the election. This is the equivalent of Shinn Fien being in power 10 years ago, except the boiling pot that is the middle east is a lot more unstable... but I bet these tabloid papers were all about big brother, or angelina jolie... and something that could completley unsettle the region where a majoirty of our oil supplies come from was pushed to page 7, with a tiny section, completley overrun by some backbencher once tried smoking pot - ooooh what an outrage, how dare politicians dare to have ever actually had a life before putting on a suit!

Ok, I rephrase... the tabloid press.

I can admit to never reading a broadsheet in my life.... I guess to me they seem dull in comparison - in all honesty I dont tend to read newspapers, I read online news a lot, I have the BBC News and Sky News on Live Bookmark and am always reading it - I do try and make an effort to find out things.

But I think most people are quite complacent about it all and dont make the effort to at least try and find out whats going on in the world around us, because like you say, Hamas getting into power may affect us in the future.

Sadly I'm also someone who stokes the celebrity fire, as you know, so I guess I'm just as bad as everyone else really!

The media responds to what they think people want... Plus they also give their opinions of course.

Broadsheets are just larger format tabloids with less boobies and more syllables! They still come from the same stables so they contain the same opinionate horsepoop. I don't read either tbh.

As for TV, I loathe reality TV and soaps, but that's just me. A hateful, vindictive, nasty, nasty man. ;) There's plenty of channels... full of pants... but something for most people.

I general catch the odd documentary and the news, the odd "comedy" show but that's about it. Most of the time our TV is locked on CBeebies! :baby:

We're all different and like different things. If we all liked the same stuff it'd probably be love and cuddles for a couple of days and then we'd start going nuts! :2guns:

I have no life and watch soaps! :lol:

TV is in a dreadful state at the moment. I don't watch 'reality TV' shows because they are the exact opposite, people behaving a particular way because they are on telly. It's an oxymoron with the accent on 'moron'. :yes:

I do tend to watch 'light' television programmes rather than documentaries but that's because my 'brain the size of a planet' needs to relax after each day's work. :P

Option 1 for me

when the first reality tv started i did watch it but now everyone has jumped on the band wagon they are just rubbish and all the same, the same goes for soap opera's they are getting so unbelivable so i try to avoid them both

This is the equivalent of Shinn Fien being in power 10 years ago

I must have missed that one. Must have been when i lived in England. Sinn Fein have never been in power politically. They have been part of the Northern Ireland assembly but have yet to hold outright power. Also, they are a political extension of a terroist group with certain members having dubious pasts granted, have all disassociated themselves from said organisation.

This is the equivalent of Shinn Fien being in power 10 years ago

I must have missed that one. Must have been when i lived in England. Sinn Fein have never been in power politically. They have been part of the Northern Ireland assembly but have yet to hold outright power. Also, they are a political extension of a terroist group with certain members having dubious pasts granted, have all disassociated themselves from said organisation.

I think what Ian means is that Hamas being in power now is like what it'd have been like 10 years ago if Sinn Fein was in power in Ireland.

Excuse me for being pedantic but the 'if' was forgetten in the original statement thus leading to a misinterpretation. :D

my apologies for the confusion Clueless (strangely appropriate name for this conversation ;) ) but as Em stated, my point was Hama's winning the election has the same effect that Sinn Fein would have had if they had been in power 10 years ago...

;)

but, they are already at loggerheads with the US over giving up terrorism.

Basically if you don't like what's on ..... turn it over/off.

We all know that these reality TV shows are on 24/7 because they make a hell of a lot of money. Just imagine how much money they make a week from people voting by text/phone calls, and to top that there costs are minimal as they don't have to pay the people a wage to appear on the TV as a majority of people will do it for free for the 10 minutes of fame :yes: !

If I was a TV producer and had the option to invest a lot of money in a TV show/soap/documentary that may flop and would appeal to a selected audience, or for £10 get a group of people together with a few camera's and record them messing around with the potential of making around a couple of million a week - I know which one I would choose.

I don't watch much TV at all to be honest... spend more time on the computer than i do watching telly.

Basically if you don't like what's on ..... turn it over/off.

I know, and I exercise that - but it used to be a case when i could find something worth watching on TV, nowadays its been overrun and there is very little worth watching, which is why my DVD collection has expanded so much...

i pay a TV license, and as far as im concerned, its a waste!

I know, and I exercise that - but it used to be a case when i could find something worth watching on TV, nowadays its been overrun and there is very little worth watching, which is why my DVD collection has expanded so much...

i pay a TV license, and as far as im concerned, its a waste!

I generally put the radio on or a CD or DVD rather than TV... Radio 4, pipe and slippers... Or pipes and slipper if you're into that sort of thing! :blink: Or if I feel like being patronised... Radio 3. ;)

I wouldnt say the TV licence is a total waste....

That San Francisco docu-film last night, Baby Be Mine and not forgetting the Steven Seagal :-l movies on Five... ;)

"You killed my father, you must pay" :-l :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links