Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bad Tv - Do You Actually Like It?

Fidgits

Bad TV - do you actually like it?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Following Big Brother, and other pathetic TV - i wonder if any of us actually watch it

• I'm normal, so I hate both Soap Operas and Reality TV
    • I have no life, and therefore watch soap operas
    • I have no brain, and therefore watch Reality TV
    • My parents used my head as a basketball for 6 years, so i actually spend my life watching stupid soap operas and pathetic Reality tv
    • I'm a vegitarian, so i dont actually own a TV

but Em..

That documentry was on Channel 4... so it wasnt actually from the license, that said, there is one on the '89 quake on BBC this week... but even so... that program was a rose amongst a vast plain of thorns..

Well Baby Be Mine was on the BBC and I tend to watch BBC1 more than any other channel and I find the quality of programming is very good, especially their documentaries and wildlife programmes....

So I had a blonde moment and forgot the licence fee doesnt pay for 3, 4 or 5 - ahh well, the BBC still does it for me! :lol:

How about making BBC Pay-Per-View like Sky then see how much revenue they take in? :rolleyes:

and Em I still think you are a fine upstanding intelligent young woman (even if you do watch soaps ;) )

you cant call crap TV media - media is the news, FACTS, not brainless entertaiment...

Actually 'Media' is defined as

The means by which information is distributed such as print, broadcast, CD-ROM, World Wide Web, and so forth.

www.rainwater.com/glossary/m.html

Its a generic term applied to all material, not necessarily just 'News'.... There are many different definitions to be found for it... ranging from the 'media' upon which we store things (eg compact flash, CDs, DVDs etc) to the above...

Whether the 'entertainment' is brainless or not, its still broadcast 'media'... aka information of some sort... whether its stupid mindless crappy information, or something worth those minutes of someones life :lol:

I wouldnt say the TV licence is a total waste....

That San Francisco docu-film last night, Baby Be Mine and not forgetting the Steven Seagal :-l movies on Five... ;)

Yeah... 3, 4 and 5... no TV license required :thumbsup: ... but thats been covered...

However... I do think you will find.... 'most' (I say most... not necessarily all) of these 'reality TV' shows can be found on channel 4... Big Brother (and variants) was.... Im a celebrity get me outof here, was... (If I am wrong... someone can correct by all means... but I did a few quick searches on google)...

We as license payers dont 'technically' pay for them... yes they may be mindless... and a waste of time... but like someone mentioned... they bring in extortionate amounts of money for the other TV networks, the ones that dont get our license money.

I havent voted in this... dont think there is really an option that applies... I dont watch soaps, ever... Im not ever home for the likes of neighbours (god I remember that as a kid tho lol)... and I abjectly avoid eastenders like the plague... I have never watched 'Corrie' or Brookside....Home n Away (are all these still going? lol).... They just arent my thing....

I tend to spend my (sad... lonely... lol) nights... sat infront of my PC, chatting to my mates n stuff with the TV on in the background... whatever is on... is on... and generally if I have been watching one thing, and there is a crappy program in between (and nothing much else on) until another program I want to watch.... it stays there... sometimes I pick stuff up from it... sometimes I dont... but TV is usually a secondary thing 'just on in the background' most nights in our house.

At the end of the day, this poll has been made in a bias way, it indicates that the only technically 'right' answer is number 1... if you consider yourself 'normal'... and the rest all imply you are some sort of mentally lower class person, in different grades depending upon the scenario. If this was to be a proper poll, where the instigator was actually interested in what people watched etc, it wouldnt have put that 'slant' on it... it would have been neutral. All this poll is here to do is spark off a debate... Not necessarily over whether reality TV shows are infact rubbish and should not be allowed (which by looking at this thread is the case... yet by looking at the response these shows get, we obviously dont represent a fair cross section of the country.... which could be a good thing :lol:)... No.. this poll is slanted towards the debate over the fact that if you do watch these programs, then you are infact at a lower social and mental level.....

Just my tuppence ;) lol

JJ Here BTW ;)

:lol:

I deliberately chose "I have no life, and therefore watch soap operas" because I do watch soaps and am confident enough (read... 'downright cocky') to appreciate the irony and not worry about it.

Then again, it had been a very busy but pleasant week so I'm in a good mood. :thumbsup:

I also refuse to believe there isn't another person on here who watches soaps. They're just not voting! :rolleyes:

I'm a Celeb is on ITV JJ, but yeah, the majority is on the channels that advertise, I mean like Pop Idol, I'm a Celeb, Big Brother, Survivor, The Farm etc etc - all on ITV, Channel 4 and 5

The BBC had Fame Acadamy and Strictly Dance Fever... but IMHO those shows were much better than their fellow reality TV programmes. :thumbsup:

still reality TV IMO...

But yes, thankfully because the BBC is funded by the license, they have to offer a variety in entertaiment, and cant just chase the ratings like the rest...

However, that doesnt stop them filling the TV with Eastenders and other rubbish in prime time and weekends...

i wasnt saying its wrong - just that certain programs seem to dominate the schedules, and by that, i'm referring to the mindless soaps and reality shows, whereas, it seems other programs are either on once a week, or once in a blue moon...

i wasnt saying its wrong - just that certain programs seem to dominate the schedules, and by that, i'm referring to the mindless soaps and reality shows, whereas, it seems other programs are either on once a week, or once in a blue moon...

Thats because they are popular and watched by the majority of the UK ...... maybe you should ask for your own channel :lol:

*I'll want to watch it too though

i hardly watch telly at all, got better things to do like drink beer, play with car/computer, mastermind my fortune etc......

but i did laugh at the last option! :lol: but voted number 1

the BB House should be blown up with all the usless no-lifes inside, now that would be good telly

I hardly watch tv either - probably because a lot of the time i dont like whats on, i avoid BB and the other celeb shows, mainly because they are tat but alos because they are boring - i dont want to watch people asleep or posing for cameras, i do occasionally watch eastenders - but thats because there is nothing better on tele on a sunday afternoon

People have a right to watch whatever they want though, like said above - you dont like it , turn it off, tis what i do, and also most of reality/celeb show on on either itv or channel 4 so you cant complain about Tv licence :)

ahhh - but isnt the TV license being turned into a Tax, to allow other channels to 'bid' for portions of it?

so, it could be, in time to come, that it does pay for channel 4...

So because someone dont agree with you Ian, that makes them wrong.... You know I'm always right, regardless.... that would make you wrong! :lol:

The way I see it, its a personal decision, doesnt make someone right or wrong - are you really so judgemental?

And yes, I'm a soap fan, I dont watch a great deal of reality TV, I watched CBB, so shoot me! :lol: If that makes me the scum of society, then so be it, because quite frankly my dear, I dont give a damn! ;) :lol:

Strange that, because I thought you didnt either.... and here you are posting about it. ;)

Me. Iwas only wrong once, & that was the time I thought I wasn't right :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links