Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Decorating

Tegan

Been doing a bit of interior decorating in the '2 today (well rob actually did all the work -in the cold bless him :P )

Had a new steering wheel and dial face waiting to go on since start of month, also had new Toms gear knob - but that went on when i got it

Some pics:

old manky massive steering wheel and plain dial face (you can see new gear knob on this one

newsteeringwheel001.jpg

New steering wheel and new dial face:

newsteeringwheel007.jpg

Another pic - wheel looks massive in this one- its just crap perspective and it was getting dark

newsteeringwheel010.jpg

Finally - new dash bezel up close

newsteeringwheel009.jpg

Just needs a new gear gaiter to finish her off , oh and some new seats but they can wait :P

think its smartened it up no end :D

soz for massive pics , im sure rob can resize them for me :rolleyes:

very nice. amaizing what a few touches an do

it does look a million dollars to be honest, amazing what you can do with a new wheel and a piece of ally :lol: :D

looking very swish :) :P

really like that stearing wheel.... wanting a new one for mine, but got other things on mind. lol

good job tegan! ... and rob lol

How much was the boss for the steering wheel?

By the way, if youre after a new gaiter, look up 'Mr gaiter' on eBay. I paid £15 for a blue leather gaiter, and it is of excellent quality. E-mail him at: lamassri@hotmail.com if youre interested, give him colour, model etc. If you want a pic of my gaiter in the car, let me know.

After my scoop is fitted, Im ordering one of those bezel surrounds too, they look great! Then its steering wheel...seats...this is going to be expensive...

looks very good... funny how a few little additions can improve the look so well!!

Love MKI's with there big square dashboards etc... think they look cool!!

How much was the boss for the steering wheel?

By the way, if youre after a new gaiter, look up 'Mr gaiter' on Ebay. I paid £15 for a blue leather gaiter, and it is of excellent quality. E-mail him at: lamassri@hotmail.com if youre interested, give him colour, model etc. If you want a pic of my gaiter in the car, let me know.

After my scoop is fitted, Im ordering one of those bezel surrounds too, they look great! Then its steering wheel...seats...this is going to be expensive...

Boss was thrown in with the price £57 for both inc postage from aussie! Absolute baragin it was! :yes: B)

I want new seats next for interior, as mine have got holes and are cracked but they are very comfy so i hope i wont lose that quality when i get new ones or have the re-upholstered :unsure:

p.s jim thats what i love about the mk1 - its pure 80's styling, the comedy turn switches inside for wipers and lights :D its got real character, not like some more modern interiors on different cars, but i guess i am biased :D :P

turning the headlamps on is like thowing one of those massive breaker switches in a sub station :lol:

And so true. :D

£57?! You jammy git! :D

Ive already had a quote to have my leather seats re-furbed in black/blue...

..£500!! So, if anyone knows someone selling a good condition leather seat for a MK1, PM me.

I didnt think so, considering I can have a set of lightweight reclining racing seats for less. However, laziness has me beat, and I cant be bothered messing around with cutting runners and subframes to make them fit, so re-furbs or breakers yard it is. :D

Yeah it was a really good price for the steering wheel, think im quite the little bargain hunter :P

I think thats quite good for refurb of the seats but like you say aftermarket seats are getting cheaper and cheaper so you could have brand new set- as i mentioned above though i actually really like the standard leathers in mine, really comfy for standard seats, think i might go with the refurb to save the comfort :)

i actually really like the standard leathers in mine, really comfy for standard seats

True, thats why I had a re-furb quoted. I genuinely think the seats are comfier than my bed. :lol:

Looking good Teegs :thumbsup:

Need to hoover out the footwell tho ;) :lol: lol

Nah cant be bothered its far too cold! Im only gonna messy it up again anyway :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links