Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Insurance Companies Will Cover You At The Ring?

Leeky

I've just managed to get a good insurance quote for the Aristo so looks like im Aristo shopping this weekend.

I got my quote from Sky, and while i was on the phone to them i asked if im covered on 'Toll Roads' and he instantly knew i was talking about the Nurburgring.

And 'No' they wont cover me. The exact words are 'Im covered all the way to the entrance Arm, but once i cross that i am not covered"...

So anyone know which insurance companies will cover you round the ring?

Hey! No i didnt tell them i was going to the Nurburgring :P

I asked them how they stand on Toll Roads, whether they consider them to be public or private and if im covered.

He said straight away "You mean like the Nurburgring?" so he knew what i was getting at.

Hey some insurance companies will cover you and some wont, you dont know if you dont ask ;)

Heritage mention the Nürburgring on their site for breakdown insurance and insure club track days - although I think you have to ring them for the finer details of this.

All insurance companies have cottoned onto the "It's a toll road" clause and will specifically state that you are not covered for this. Even trying the "But it's open to the public, it's not a track day" will no longer wash. Good luck to those who still try this trick, but doubt you'll be insured if the worst happens.

For those who are going, I really recommend this site; www.nurburgring.org.uk <----- links to insurance info :thumbsup:

y are u getting an aristo? what happened to 4wd an nimble?

Yeah....but i've had 3 Gen6 Celicas now and to be honest i miss my Lexus LS400 :lol:

Anyway the Aristo im looking at getting is 400bhp :thumbsup:

I've just managed to get a good insurance quote for the Aristo so looks like im Aristo shopping this weekend.

I got my quote from Sky, and while i was on the phone to them i asked if im covered on 'Toll Roads' and he instantly knew i was talking about the Nurburgring.

Well as long as any accidents on the Dartford Crossing/the M6 (? if thats the right one?) toll road up North are covered us people who dont go on tracks have no need to worry :lol:

Hey! No i didnt tell them i was going to the Nurburgring :P

I asked them how they stand on Toll Roads, whether they consider them to be public or private and if im covered.

He said straight away "You mean like the Nurburgring?" so he knew what i was getting at.

Fool :lol::lol::lol:

*Ken points at Lee whilst making Bart Simpson laughing impression* :laughing:

Of course he knew you was on about the ring as nobody is going to ask if they are covered on the M6 toll ya numpty :oops:

Yep thats the point I was trying to make too Ken, also forgot to mention practically every Insurer records all calls now too..I dont know of any that dont.

Yep thats the point I was trying to make too Ken, also forgot to mention practically every Insurer records all calls now too..I dont know of any that dont.

Don't forget the quote is from Sky insurance, site sponsors of the mkiv supra club :goof:

Thought this all sounded a bit familiar :yes:

Ok, i called them and told them im driving to Germany via France and Belgium....but i did tell them i was going to the Nurburgring also.

Have i landed myself in it?

Nah they said if i took it round a track i wouldnt be insured

:oops: You did it last year as well :lol2:

Hey, it dont make any difference :) Still going whether im insured or not :thumbsup:

You seem rather convinced that you're going to stack it on the ring! :P Would have been better to keep quiet and plead ignorance if the worst happened.

no one will insure you round it, as soon as you hit the tarmac its void

You seem rather convinced that you're going to stack it on the ring!

Do I? What makes you think that? :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links