Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Don't Forget...

Gnome

Lol - great debate start for the Gnomester!!! :D

As above, bikers are like car drivers, in the sense you've got a load of different types of people behind the bars in this case.

The main point I was trying to make, is keep an eye out, because you could be the cause, or the victim of an accident with a bike.

As Dem said, keep your eyes peeled, as now it's drying up a bit, a few more of us will be out on the road.

Unfortunately, this does include those like the guy talked about in this article. Some people just don't get it - a vehicle weighing 250kg, able to do 160+mph in under 15 seconds - they should get back in the classroom!

http://www.roadracers.co.uk/prang.htm

Im always sitting in queues up the A404 towards Wycombe and there are always bikers wizzing up the inside between cars or undertaking in stupidly small gaps.

Hey, if we can fit, what's the problem? :D

Have had many arguements with bikers after they have clipper my mirror etc.

Did they hear you with their helmets on, and loud exhausts blaring?

:D :D

And as annoying as the mopeds are... Only sideswipe them in GTA! ;) Although I once saw one hit a kerb and fly over the bars after much weaving around and attempted wheelies through Mapperley. It was only at about 30mph but foolishly he tried his damndest to cling onto the bars - or plain forgot to let go so... :lol:

I swear you could hear a cheer from the drivers!

And before I get called heartless or something, I've come off my mountain bike at 30mph and hit a tree and bust a couple of ribs so I would feel sorry for him, it must have tickled a bit... but I was on an off-road bike track... he was on a highway... Deal! :)

But yeah... I always give bikers loads of room. Much respect for anyone mad enough or in possession of the kahones to ride on our crappy roads. :thumbsup:

And as annoying as the mopeds are... Only sideswipe them in GTA! ;) Although I once saw one hit a kerb and fly over the bars after much weaving around and attempted wheelies through Mapperley. It was only at about 30mph but foolishly he tried his damndest to cling onto the bars - or plain forgot to let go so... :lol:

I swear you could hear a cheer from the drivers!

And before I get called heartless or something, I've come off my mountain bike at 30mph and hit a tree and bust a couple of ribs so I would feel sorry for him, it must have tickled a bit... but I was on an off-road bike track... he was on a highway... Deal! :)

But yeah... I always give bikers loads of room. Much respect for anyone mad enough or in possession of the kahones to ride on our crappy roads. :thumbsup:

nope not heartless, you should have free will to cream moped riders

Indeed. I was a moped rider once (we have to start somewhere), but riding round, you always get kids on mopeds trying to you from the lights, or keep up in town.

I followed one pair of kids on an off-raod trial bike, after visiting my mate in Northampton. Tried to make it look as though I was following them, and they then proceeded to leg it down country paths!

Called the plod, and gave them reg no to be safe. It was probably nicked, especially seeing as where bouts my mate is from... :D

Did they hear you with their helmets on, and loud exhausts blaring?

:D :D

:lol:

No, but they cant fail to see me as the couple of times it has happened i have got out of my car, walked up and stood in front of his bike until he takes his helmet off and apologieses for breaking/knocking off my mirror.

The first time i got an apology, the second guy to do it called me a *@[7 and i went psycho after him in my in the car down the road :lol: . Almost caught up with him too, he was lucky he managed to shake me off.

You get all types of drivers of bikes just as you do with cars - as said already

i dont think its being paranoid to ride a bike as if everybdy is out to get you- i think thats called being a good driver - its the same way i drive my car :yes:

and most of the time its true anyway- there are so many idiot drivers out there and so much traffic on the road that its inevitable there are going to be times when accidents happen or your not concentrating - (not excluding myself - as nobody can say they are perfect driver even if we all like to think it! Everybody has their moments!)

I do agree that because bikes and mopeds are smaller that somtimes some (not all) bike riders try and get into gaps when they shouldnt - had two mopeds pull down the right side of me just as i was turning right :o :angry:

Needless to say ive had many drivers also nearly kill me aswell - just have some consideration for other drivers and bike riders- after all it isnt going to matter who cut who up when there is somebody lying dead in the middle of the road

I hear about bike accidents all the time at work - whether it be a bike we Insure or a car we Insure that has hit a bike. It's made me a lot more cautious for them too, especially at junctions as like shown in that clip when pulling out of a junction they can be easily missed. I notice a lot of bike riders have their lights on during the day now too which helps with visibility a lot ;)

I agree with leeky, bikers are to blame. There is no excuse for going 30 in a 20 zone then hit a non moving car.

I agree with leeky, bikers are to blame. There is no excuse for going 30 in a 20 zone then hit a non moving car.

Massive generalisation there mate :angry:

Then again, car drivers never speed or crash into inanimate objects. You can verify this simple fact by searching the internet for information on James Dean or Marc Bolan. :driving:

As above. Drivers of any type of vehicle have made the same mistakes.... :rolleyes:

If you'd like to look at this goverment report into motorcycle accidents, check out page 38 of the report...

Motorcycle Accident Statistics report - Nov 2004

i wiped a married couple off a brand new honda hornet with 250 miles on the clock :P they weren't impressed :lol: but we all laughed about it afterwards :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links