Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who Said Optimax Wasn't Popular?

Bibbs

It doesn't mate - the government get 3/4's of the price per litre.

J

Yep, cant find a source at the minute but the oil companies only get something ridulos like 7p a litre.

Albeit that is a lot when you consider how much is sold.. but if it werent for tax and they were willing to sell it for that much it would be damn cheap :censor:

It doesn't mate - the government get 3/4's of the price per litre.

J

Yep, cant find a source at the minute but the oil companies only get something ridulos like 7p a litre.

Albeit that is a lot when you consider how much is sold.. but if it werent for tax and they were willing to sell it for that much it would be damn cheap :censor:

Anybody noticed how the petrol prices are slowly creaping up again <_<

Anybody noticed how the petrol prices are slowly creaping up again <_<

[Rant Mode On]

Even more reason for me to buy a diesel and buy sunflower oil to run it. And tax on that? the government can kiss my a$$.

[Rant Mode Off/]

I'll go get my guns... :gunsmilie: ;) Not good is it?

The mantra, as you watch the cash mount up when you're stood at the pump is...

"Two for Tony, one for Shell, Two for..." :ffs:

58.6p "last of tory government"

Which Tory government was that? Thatchers or Tony's? ;)

I've started buying mine from Shell now - basically because its the cheapest fuel in the area bar none! :lol:

I'm sorry, but that amount of duty on fuel is just absurd! :eek:

Fuel prices ***** me off :ffs: wonder how high they will creep up to and if they will go down again

Well Bush is getting miffed about oil prices and the way in which the majority of oil is imported from 'unsafe' countries and wants to cut the US's oil importing by 3/4 by advances in technology in the next few years.

So hopefully the Americans can sort us out? Because where ever Bush goes Blair seems to follow.

If the tax wasn't on fuel it'd be on something else. Fuel tax is just convenient for the government as it can scare most of the population into accepting it as necessary to stop us drowning under rising seas / freezing to death (which is it this week again?). The rising price of oil has just been a bonus for them, blame the big bad oil companies or instability in the Middle East and rake in a load of extra cash... Might help them stave off that income tax rise they're going to have to make at some point for another year or so.

Oh and BTW not only do you pay VAT and duty on fuel, but you pay VAT on the duty too.... cunning huh :)

Some people might like to take into consideration that Shell spend the least proportionof their revenue on research and development of new clean fuels compared to BP etc. Not me though Ijust want cheap fuel now :P

The taxes from Shell and BP combined pays approx 10% towards our pensions. The 2 companies account for approx 12% of the UK shares market. Thats huge!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links