Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radiator Hoses

sotal

You know the pipes that people put under their bonnets to make the engine bay look a bit fancy?

I have found them for sale for specific cars but can you buy them to order? I mean if i measured the diameter and length of a pipe is there anywhere that would send me the pipe? Also do they have to come pre bent? Most of the ones I have seen in kits come with the bends in.

Basically I just want to replace some radiator hoses, so I thought I might as well put some fancy ones on (it isn't for the celica) But I just wanted to buy some lengths of blue hose to put on.

You're thinking of silicon hoses.

Straight lengths, bends at a variety of angles and t-pieces are all pretty common in various diameters. Lots of places do them and you can get a variety of colours too, but blue is the most common.

I've got a link to a place that'll make custom ones too, but I can't find it at the moment.

Vastly more expensive than rubber hose though and not especially flexible, if you've got more than the slightest curve in something you'll probably need to make it out of bends and straight sections.

Can you get just rubber hose in nice bright colours? Or does it have to be the more expensive silicon stuff?

I used to work at a model shop and they sold various sizes of really bendy silicon hose and that probably would have been perfect - but they went bust a couple of years back!

i think that there is tape avaiable for just colour purposes. doesn't last too long tho if i remember correctly. (its not just insulation tape either, but u could try that and it would die in like a week)

The pipes do need replacing. I just thought it would look fancy if it had blue ones. No real need to and if it's too much hassle I'll just get the boring black ones. Just hoped there was a place you could go and get a couple of meters of reinforced rubber tube in blue!

we do loads of sizes and stuff with bends etc for the silicone hoses, pity ur in Staffs tho :S and silicone hose aint the cheapest

Hi Sotal, L + H Hoses in Lichfield street,hanley can supply lengths of blue silicon hose.I know they sell straight but not sure about with bends in,propably do 90 degree bends but NOT for specific vehicle fitments, used to buy this from them to fit to buses. tel no. 01782-214684.

Also think auto who i have used as well for other parts http://www.thinkauto.com/index.htm

hope this helps

coo

If I was prelacing my rad hoses with samco ones.... I can assure you it would be for strength, coolant presure and thermal stability... I would probably also go for the shiney black ones ;)

If you just want "bling" get some rip max braided hose sleeves.

Hi Sotal, L + H Hoses in Lichfield street,hanley can supply lengths of blue silicon hose.I know they sell straight but not sure about with bends in,propably do 90 degree bends but NOT for specific vehicle fitments, used to buy this from them to fit to buses. tel no. 01782-214684.

Also think auto who i have used as well for other parts http://www.thinkauto.com/index.htm

hope this helps

coo

Thanks coo, they're just round the corner - I might pop in and have a look at what they have got - It always looked like a trade only place though

If I was prelacing my rad hoses with samco ones.... I can assure you it would be for strength, coolant presure and thermal stability... I would probably also go for the shiney black ones ;)

If you just want "bling" get some rip max braided hose sleeves.

I've got to replace them anyway - The original stuff is just bendy rubber pipe, so you would just start off with a straight length and put it in position. I was just hoping there was some blue pipe you could replace it with. There maybe isn't anything and I'll just get the replacement - I might look at a sleeve but really I had just thought in my little brain that there might just be an easy replacement!! :wacko:

Hi Sotal, if you do go to L + H Hoses tell them you were sent by Phil who used to work in the stores for PMT buses in Newcastle.Then again they might throw you out !!

regards

phil

I've got to replace them anyway - The original stuff is just bendy rubber pipe, so you would just start off with a straight length and put it in position. [quate/]

Really?????

I doubt that very much!!!! I am sure you will find that if you were to replace them with factorys parts, they would be pre formed rubber and very overpriced!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links