Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Thiefs!

GLASGAMR2

looked out my window last night and spooted someone at the side of my car. shouted out and the guy jumped in a people carrier and drove off, so i went down to check it out and the :censor: has broken my driver side door where the key goes in! So thats the car in just now getting it fixed and a good alarm and immobilizer fitted right now. Anyone else had run ins with the jelous little :censor: ! Any stories to cheer me up with one of yous that caught the wee :censor: !? (obviously i dotn condone violence ;) but it would be good if they didnt get away with f**%& with other people stuff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also the car had a steering lock on it and no cd player in it so i guess the guy thought the lock is easy to get off? is that right?? thanks

its an older car and there was no alarm on it, so i spose he thought, thats tasty, ill break in...

good decision for getting an alarm and a mobi

Sorry to hear that mate. Glad they didn't get it though.

My first car actually got stolen after 3 weeks of owning it. Never did get hold of them, despite months of hunting around for names etc.

Here's a post I put up on a forum a couple of years ago following an evidently very similar incident. Hope it makes you smile:

Well, some excitement for the evening. I was just about to get into bed having undressed and turned out all the lights for the night. The two guys who I normally share my house with are both out - one on business and one at his girlfriends, so I'm alone for the night.

I hear through the open bedroom window some bangs and cracking... Odd, I think. So I turn out the remaining desk lamp in my room and go to the windows take a look. There, across the street I see two shadowy people by a car. Perhaps a third walks away. Ok, someone's going out late (its 1am here). But then... odd, that's where my housemate's car was parked - actually no, that is my housemate's car! …but he's away on business... ?

I bang on the window and peak through the curtains... no movement. Oh, that would be the engine hesitatingly turning over...

and there go the windscreen wipers…

Well damnit, looks like I'm just gonna have to put some clothes on. Can’t go tackling thieves with my naked **** hanging out can I now? A quick t-shirt and trousers (sans underwear of course) and chuck on some shoes and I'm down the stairs like a flash.

The engine turns over again.

I grab my deactivated WWI rifle from the hall before sprinting out the front door. (This is just a big lump of intimidating wood and steel - it no longer makes any kind of bang save for the blunt impact sort from the heavy end. Beautiful piece of history mind).

I run out onto my front path so that I am directly opposite the car, about 15ft away. I raise the rifle as I run out and shout "FREEZE" in the best action hero voice my flu will allow.

I work the bolt on the rifle for effect.

Man car thieves move fast! The two of them bolt down the street, round the corner and off. I don't give chase. That third person is unaccounted for and well, I never was much of a runner. Besides, my “gun” is at best an unwieldy club or **** scary bluff. At worst it represents trip to the cop shop.

I wait a few moments and watch the street. No more movement, no more sounds. The two/three are long gone, probably in search of new underwear. I return to the house and come back with a large maglight, (a slightly more practical club), and leave the lump of wood and steel behind. I secure the car as well as I can and telephone its owner. He’ll see to it tomorrow.

I put the bin out. I’d have forgotten otherwise.

Perhaps now I've spend 20 minutes writing this the adrenaline will have subsided enough for me to return to my original plan - sleep.

Goodnight people.

good news for the guy in that story. mines is owning the car for 3 weeks or so aswell. just lucky i looked out the window. sorry you didnt get a name mate. im sure you would have a had a "quiet word" with them if you found it :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I could also add another two sobb stories. Before my Mk2 I used to own a Supra.

One time I came back to the NCP car park I use while I'm at work to find a screwdriver had been stuck behind the lock and the car broken into. Once in the thief had evidently tried to break the steering column lock with bruit force. Unfortunately all they succeeded in doing was removing the steering wheel from the column (sheared it right off). So I came back from work to find the wheel in the passenger well. ubikers!

Another time I get a call from a friend to say my car door was opened and the alarm was going off (it's parked outside my house). I was on my way anyway and turn up to find that someone had stuck a screwdriver behind the door lock and gotten in (again). They had evidently got as far as putting the stereo fascia on and pulling the radar detector out from under the seat before trying to hotwire it. At this point they evidently looked for the little alarm switch in the bonnet release catch and flicked it. This set the alarm off and they scarpered leaving their screwdriver and length of scaffold pole behind (both are actually really useful tools for me now!)

Now the best bit is that I didn't even know that there was an alarm switch there! I knew the car had an alarm but was told the fob to it had been lost and it no longer worked. So of course the switch was off when the thief broke in and he himself armed it when he flipped the switch!!! I was quite pleased in the end that he'd found the switch for me as now I was able to use the alarm!

what sort of steering lock was it - if its a disc lock they'll never get it off - took four blokes best part of an hour and a half, armed with a grinder, crowbar and hammer to get robs off yaris when he lost the key!

I just meant the lock that's an integral part of the steering column and undoes when you turn the ignition key, not one of those aftermarket yellow things.

recommend a disc lock? i have a steering lock that goes through the steering wheel. think its worth buying the disc bearing in mind that it will have a good alarm and imob? or have i got plenty of security? just asking as i have no idea how long or fast they can disarm it. thanks

what sort of steering lock was it - if its a disc lock they'll never get it off - took four blokes best part of an hour and a half, armed with a grinder, crowbar and hammer to get robs off yaris when he lost the key!

This is the type I have on my car, supposedly its one of the best! Autolok 2000... Its the big yellow steering wheel lock by Autolok! Any opinions on this product, what do you guys think?

recommend a disc lock? i have a steering lock that goes through the steering wheel. think its worth buying the disc bearing in mind that it will have a good alarm and imob? or have i got plenty of security? just asking as i have no idea how long or fast they can disarm it. thanks

put a disk lock on it and the thieving little toe rags :ffs:

wont even bother

mine is cat 2 thatcham approved and would take over 20 minutes to remove using industrial tools

dont leave your valuables on show ie cd player leather jacket

and then get a cat 1 alarm immobilisor on it

a good idea is to TEST :eek: it now and again so all the local toe rags know its alarmed !!

one little story of retribution for ya

got up to use the little boys room at about 3 am one mornin

just before going back to slumberland had a peek into the street and saw 2 lads checking car doors as they were wandering down the street.

promptly woke up my sisters boyfriend who had had his car broken into only the week before :angry:

we snuck out of the back door and i armed myself with a very large ornamental bed pan ( rented house landlord had wierd taste in decorative objects :eek: )

just to help yor imagination piece of wood with a WOK attached to it !!!!

we snuck up on these two youths just as they were trying a set of keys in my sisters boyfriends audi !!! :censor:

at this point would be car thief was greeted turned around and got a face full of expertly swung bed pan :thumbsup:

after a brief scuffle in which he gained a few more bruises and two broken fingers (accidentaly OBVIOUSLY)

PC PLOD took him away! :thumbsup:

justice was done :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links