Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

May I Introduce Myself?

Djoezz

Today we ( my wife and I) bought an Aygo+, 5drs, satin silver with 15"alloys in the same color.

Yet we don't know when it will be delivered, but I couldn't wait to become a member of the TOC.

To start with, I'm not a youngster (1951 :crybaby: ) but I do like the car and so does my wife (1964 ;) )

I have read almost all postings on this topic, which helped me a lot in decision making, thank you all for that :thumbsup: !

What I especially liked was the topic on alloys. The standard alloys are just to small, it hardly makes a difference whether having steel wheels or alloys. It is therefore that I have ordered my Aygo with the 15" wheels and 195/45 tires. It looks much, much better. I hope the handling and fuel consumption are not affected to much though!

I live in the Netherlands and the Aygo just went down €1000 because of a change in tax, planned for July, but already implemented by Toyota in the Netherlands. It's now a very priceworthy car over here regarding our tax and insurance system and fuel prices.

I had a one-hour testdrive this morning with the MMT version, but it couldn't convince me. Although I have to say that it wasn't that bad at all. It is well programmed, but I just missed the rationale behind its gear changing logic sometimes, leaving me either waiting for a gear change with a high-revving engine or a stalling-like behaviour when braking for a sharp turn into my driving lane.

The reason for buying the MMT would be the traffic jams I am confronted with on my daily ride to the office. However, the burden of clutching-declutching was exchanged for switching with the right foot from the accelerator to the brake and vice versa. That didn't help to much, reason for me to leave the MMT as it is and go for the manual.

When the thing comes in, I hope to show you a picture of the car, at least when you're interested :!Removed!:

Greetzz

Welcome to TOC :group-cuddles:

Good choice of car. Looking forward to pictures when it is delivered :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Aygo forum. I really agree with your comments on the larger wheels - I really wish I had done that from the start - it's now on my wish list.

Can't wait for pictures - the colour you ordered is new to the UK and I'm keen to see it with the larger wheels.

Could you give the total price you paid (if you don't mind) - would just be useful to do a comparison with UK prices.

As for your suggestion for a 'new person to introduce themselves' section - I'll work on it :thumbsup:

Prices?, no problem, I paid €12,150 for the Aygo+, 5-drs, VVT-i,manual,Satin Silver, including:

- €383 for the THF25 handsfree mobile phone kit

- €900 for the 15" alloys and Yokohama 195/45 tires (replacement set for standard wheels and tires)

- €140 for the delivery package = 1ltr of oil, full fuel tank, safety triangle, set of bulbs and set of mats

- €527 for registration, first service, destruction tax

By the way, pricelists of Toyoya cars are available at :

http://www.toyota.nl/prijslijsten.asp

Cheers!

Hi Djoezz

Welcome to the club :thumbsup: Great little car you have brought mate. Look forward to seen some pictures of your car :yes:

jerry!!

Would love to see the Aygo in silver - as has been said, we only have three colours available here and none of them are silver! :lol:

<coughs> Er....

from Toyota UK's site, crystal silver (yes it's new) aygosilver.jpg

Well for comparison your car without the upgraded alloy / tyre package would be around £7500 in UK once you had haggled a bit which is 10994 euro. Prices seems very similar.

If you have air con that is £500 (730 euro) cost option on top.

Taxes on new cars are extremeley high in Holland, about 45%..., not only the "normal" 20% VAT, but also the so called BPM, (tax on cars and motorcycles) This last one will disappear they say in the next 5-10 years.

So prices from Holland are hard to compare...

The 15 inch wheels may look super, but the perfs and the petrol economie of the car will drop a lot I guess.

And be aware too, that the roadability on wet, mud and snow conditions will be delicate.

Take a look at rallye cars on mud and snow conditiona and you will see that they are on small tyres.

Take a look at the WRC Rallye of Sweden at this moment, and you will see what I mean.

But perhaps I'm to old to understand what it means to have a good looking car...(1946)... I do like perfs though!

One day your car will be at the end of his life..., to reduce pollution it will be taken apart in pieces that can be recycled. This costs money, so in some countries you have to pay a tax for that future of your car.

Users

A number of replies to this topic digressed into wheel sizes / performance etc.

As a second topic on this very issue is active in the Aygo forum I have moved the wheel related posts from this topic to the wheel topic for consistency and easy future reference.

The wheel topic can be found here :

topics http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48512

Hi Djoezz,

It's nice to see that some more of the Dutch people like the T.O.C. forum.

I'm driving the Sport MMT for 6 months now and just orderd lowering springs (Apex) and 16" wheels.

Greetz Aygo sport.

Hi Djoezz,

I'm driving the Sport MMT for 6 months now and just orderd lowering springs (Apex) and 16" wheels.

Greetz Aygo sport.

Thanks for the welcome words Aygo Sport,

Can you tell the forum members about your experience with the 16" wheels on your Aygo Sport?

After 6 months driving in Holland, you must have experienced wet, snowy and muddy roads. How did the car behave with 16" and what tires do have on them?

Were any modifications to the steering required for these 16"s and who did the installation?

Regards

Djoezz

Hi Djoezz,

Thanks for the welcome words Aygo Sport,

Can you tell the forum members about your experience with the 16" wheels on your Aygo Sport?

After 6 months driving in Holland, you must have experienced wet, snowy and muddy roads. How did the car behave with 16" and what tires do have on them?

Were any modifications to the steering required for these 16"s and who did the installation?

Regards

Djoezz

Sorry I can't, just orderd them.

Hi Djoezz,

Greetz Aygo sport.

Hello, I am a bit late but thought I'd say welcome to Djoezz ;)

I know a few very random words of Dutch (actually I should say Flemish) which I have been taught by Yvvan who is another TOC member, and I really do mean random :lol:

Definately want to see photo's of your Aygo when it arrives!

Hi Djoezz,

Greetz Aygo sport.

Hello, I am a bit late but thought I'd say welcome to Djoezz ;)

I know a few very random words of Dutch (actually I should say Flemish) which I have been taught by Yvvan who is another TOC member, and I really do mean random :lol:

Definately want to see photo's of your Aygo when it arrives!

Thank you Blue84 and all others that replied to my introduction.

It really feels good :P when entering this forum for the first time and receiving so many reactions.

I will return to this forum when I can and when Mygo arrives I will send a picture for sure.

Cheers

Djoezz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links