Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swiftcover.com

Demonic Angel

My insurance is due for renewal on 3rd March, got a renewal quote from Tescos for £400 which seemed reasonable after the £800 I paid last year :lol: , but I was sure it could be beaten. Was all set to go with Churchill at £360, until I spotted an ad for Swiftcover.com on the telly - a 100% online only insurer..

Linky

Anyway, they have quoted me just under £300 fully comp, which is an excellent price, but I'm just a bit concerned with them being internet only - they correspond by email and any amendments to your policy etc you go online to do, which isnt a problem, as I'm online every day almost, but I was just wondering if anyone on here uses them and would they recommend them? They seem very revolutionary, but also quite new to the market, so any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers guys! :thumbsup:

The admiral group (Elephant, Bell, Admiral, etc), are all pretty much internet only (bar the call centre of course).

Can't be that bad, as it's a way of just cutting overheads...

Yeah these dudes dont have a call centre - you can call them, but I expect its just an office somewhere! They dont even send you out documents by post, its all done via email and you can even contact them via text - it sounds mad, but for that price I quite fancy joining the asylum... :lol:

Well, I just checked, and it'd beat my renewal quote come June, by about £65!

*Oops - maybe not! Just double checked, and it had my driving experience down as 5 years or more!

Comes out well above my renewal quote from Elephant now...

I got a quote around the £300 mark for my Celica this coming year - next closest was £150 more... Problem is, I don't think they cover modified cars, and should I need to make a claim I can imagine trying to it over e-mail would be a nightmare!

Guess it all depends on how much your time is worth to you... Think I'd be happy spending £150 to have someone I can talk to if it all went wrong and let them deal with it all, with the odd 5 minute phone call here and there. I don't think I'd have the time to have to sit and write reams and reams of e-mail...

All that said though, it is a very tempting price!

I think you can call them if needs be mate, they just dont have a "call centre" per se....

Well I'm definitely tempted - if only to try it out and hopefully, I'll never have to contact them about a claim anyway! :)

Yeah these dudes dont have a call centre - you can call them, but I expect its just an office somewhere! They dont even send you out documents by post, its all done via email and you can even contact them via text - it sounds mad, but for that price I quite fancy joining the asylum... :lol:

Sound alright but they must send you your insurance certificate by post or else how you going to tax the vehicle or if the police give you a producer?

Sound alright but they must send you your insurance certificate by post or else how you going to tax the vehicle or if the police give you a producer?

Yes the Post Office often call our Motor Insurance Call Centre and say that as they have been given a photocopy/fax of a certificate they cant take that as proof so need to speak to someone about it as they only accept original documents.

You print it off yourself apparently!

Luckily I have all the printers I could possibly need at work!

You print it off yourself apparently!

Luckily I have all the printers I could possibly need at work!

Sounds like the Post Office/authorities must have okayed that then ;)

Well, if you think about it, all your current certificate is, is a bit of paper with your certificate details printed on it, so it can't be all that different doing it this way really - saves them buying wads of office paper! :lol:

Tell you what.....

Send me £50 by PayPal and I'll send you an email saying you're covered and a certificate as an attachment.

And, no, you can't ring me nor have my address. :D

IMHO it sounds a bit too good to be true to me. :yes:

thinking about it i remember hearing something about that all insurance information is now stored on a database that the DVLA can access so you can get road tax by post and as the post office are licenced to isusse tax discs they may have access to the insurance database as well if they feel the need or if certificate looks suspicious.

I didnt go to the Post Office to renew my tax, I did it online! :yes: No certificate needed, they just checked the database that Steve is talking about!

I didnt go to the Post Office to renew my tax, I did it online! :yes: No certificate needed, they just checked the database that Steve is talking about!

Good point!

I insure with bell direct they do have a call centre, i dont like the idea of not having anyone to shout at or any address that you can write to if need be , even if they could beat my usual price (which is quite good anyway) i dont think id switch tbh - if all youve got is an email address then they could disappear and you could never see them again!

No, the point is, you can call them if you need to, they just dont have a call centre!

I reckon I'm gonna give them a go - check out the future of insurance companies - no doubt many of them will be online only in the future - I mean my bank is online (First Direct) so makes sense for my insurance company to be as well! ;)

Ah yes that database is called the MID - Motor Insurance Database, we use it at work and I had forgotten that the DVLA use it when renewing tax online. I did my tax online too :thumbsup:

If all Insurance Companies do become all online then I'll be out of a job! The Co I work for have no plans to do that tho, or send our Call Centre offshore :yes:

No, the point is, you can call them if you need to, they just dont have a call centre!

I reckon I'm gonna give them a go - check out the future of insurance companies - no doubt many of them will be online only in the future - I mean my bank is online (First Direct) so makes sense for my insurance company to be as well! ;)

Can you pay by credit card and if you can, does yours have any sort of payment protection or fraud protection?

BTW: Bell gave me the best quote, even on the 12 month plan. I had 0 years claim benefit so even though I'm (well) over 26, I got hit for about £360. Not sure about their 10month plan though, whether or not another company would recognise the claims benefit from them if I switched.

Can you pay by credit card and if you can, does yours have any sort of payment protection or fraud protection?

BTW: Bell gave me the best quote, even on the 12 month plan. I had 0 years claim benefit so even though I'm (well) over 26, I got hit for about £360. Not sure about their 10month plan though, whether or not another company would recognise the claims benefit from them if I switched.

You can pay by credit/debit card or direct debit! :thumbsup:

I'll try Bell as well, see what they can do, but £300 is mega for me, I'm well chuffed with that! :yes:

Edit: Bell was £423 for me - so not as good as Swiftcover!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links