Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Charged A Fee To Volunteer

jay dh

where i work, we have a day per quarter to offer our services to the local community. we thought it would be a good idea and i started my search for volunteer work.

something i found was that in Swindon, you have to go through an agency for information on the tasks and signing up to volunteer. this fee is £120!!! you then go to the place and carry out the work, each place has the tools etc. i think its disgraceful they charge, let alone £120

what do u lot recon?

Jay

you mean you have to 'pay to work' and then dont get paid

no ta :lol:

Thats disgraceful... Where does the £120 go to? Which ever cause you work for I'd hope, but I'll bet it goes in to someone's back pocket...

We do a similar thing, but the work is found in-house... I've spent a couple of days helping little kiddies in school learn to read! :)

That's a really interesting idea! :thumbsup:

I think it's strange that you have to 'pay' to 'volunteer', but perhaps it's so they can vet candidates and place them in appropriate roles? Just looking for reasons as to why this is the only way you can volunteer. It might be worth telling them you only get one day as part of a company initiative and you're not taking it up as a full time occupation?

Just to clarify, is this a Council or private volunteer agency?

im sure its a private agency. the fee is for their efforts in finding tasks to do, and prep work such as tools. the £120 is for going to do the task. there is no vetting and the fee is regardless of how big the task is

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links