Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Fancy Doing Some Number Crunching

jaxx

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• Demonic Angel

• sotal

• Gareth B

OK joined up. Think i did it right. It says it is utilising 1 gig of memory but i have 360 gig available can i adjust this or is it the ram it is refering to?

B)-->

QUOTE(Gareth B @ Feb 18 2006, 01:50 PM)

OK joined up. Think i did it right. It says it is utilising 1 gig of memory but i have 360 gig available can i adjust this or is it the ram it is refering to?

Yep it's HDD space it's refering to, you can change it if you want but I have just left mine as it is.

Thanks for joining the club too :thumbsup: !

nice one gareth, if you up that 1gig (to as much s you want) you get more points out of it :)

nice one gareth, if you up that 1gig (to as much s you want) you get more points out of it :)

[/quote

Thing is Rob i've got 360gig spare but can't see where i can adjust the default setting. Any ideas?

Gareth, go to "My Grid"

Click on "Device Manager" on the left

Click on the Selected Profile of the device you want to change (should be Default)

At the top of the next page it says Device Profile Name and then underneath Hard drive space to allocate?, just select what you want from the drop down box! :thumbsup:

yes exactly how em has just explained it, i dont understand quite how that works though, ive monitored the folder on my PC and its never been over 35meg, yet ove allowed it 10gig? just gives you a bigger PC performance score... :blink:

oh and ive just noticed alanbradly is screaming up the ranks! top job fella! :D

gareth...your team scores are currently shown as nothing but will be included in the list from midnight tonight

total points = 510,928

points rank = 1,030 up 22 places

190206.jpg

I used to leave the PC on all the time but i have a 15 year old son hell bent on getting around any filtering software i can find to view "interesting" sites. Kids :rolleyes:

When i'm not at home i turn it off and remove the portable hard drive now until he gets the message. Still it's on for at least 12 hours a day so i should be able to contribute to a good cause :thumbsup:

Total Points 520,722

Current Rank: 1020 (up 10 places)

toc.jpg

Sorry guys I've slipped from 3rd Place :( I came in this morning to find my Work PC crashed on Friday and hadn't been running all weekend! Oh well

It was a Microsoft Update - this one had done the same!

The reason for my sudden acceleration is this rather fine dual-xeon workstation on 24 hours a day and the fact they don't seem to have turned off the computer at my old job since I left about a fortnight ago!

:D

A

Hooray, I'm off. I find it a little bit spooky though and my 3 fans seem to be working overtime since i signed up.

It makes you think about how much processing power is sitting around doing nothing and how powerful something like this can be. Scary really!

Total Points: 531,758 - Much better day today

Rank: 1001 - Up 19 places and we've so nearly hit Rank 1000, tomorrow we will be in 3 figure ranks - so well done everyone! :thumbsup:

toc2.jpg

great day, nearly there!

My output's gonna be down a bit for a while. My laptop drive died on friday... Just in time for a weekend on a stall at the Excel Centre doing tech support! ;) It's got 3yrs on-site but first I've got to get them to turn up! :rollseyes:

Still, I'll soon get back to doing some crunching.

Sorry - never got chance to look at the stats yesterday and it looks like Jaxx was too busy aswell.

Good news though - We're into 3 figure ranks and seem to be storming ahead.

The rank now stands at #964 up 37 places over two days

Current Score is: 553,488

Haven't got time to upload the picture, but I'm sure you all know how to view it?

yeah sorry guys and girls, been a bit pre occupied myself :(

Yes had a check of it a little while ago, I'm now 3rd from bottom..my highest ever place :lol:

Well today we are at rank: #942 up 22 places

With a total score of 564,943 (up 11,455)

The Scores above are the overall ranking which obviously some teams have an advantage because they have been going longer. I've been having a quick look at the daily statistics and we are currently approximatley rank 205 on a global scale each day which is one hell of an acheivement!!

Given enough time at our current rate we should eventually reach around that number then settlle out to stay there. To improve on this we need more power which means more people!!

never realised we were 205 globally :blink: i thought the main statistic was the points total!

superb anyway :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links