Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Dont Belieeeeevee It :-(

kleen

When I got my new Corolla Verso, the hatch on the cubby hole in the dash was damaged. So I phoned the dealer, thinking I can explain over the phone and then pop up for them to fit a new one...simple? NOT!!

First I had to go in once so they could identify the part. Was there over an hour!

Second visit, they told me to come back at a certain time. When I got there it wasn't ready and I waited around 40 minutes before a rather sheepish tech came out to talk to me. "I've fitted your new dash lid and it's ok.....but.......Unfortunately one of the clips is broken, and it means we're going to need to replace the entire upper dash"

So - it's now in for the 3rd time, and they reckon it's gonna take 4 hours!!! What are they going to break this time :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Pants!

I agree with Gnomey - as long as its not costing you in money then theres no real big issue - just take a copy of War and Peace in with you while they do it.... time will fly! ;)

Yup, defo elasticated undergarments

Do you know this kind of thing?

Service providers just seem to have this Lesse Fair attitude like they p**s you around and then say thinks like "sorry I know you have wasted half a day and driven 30 miles to get here but can you come back tomorrow. When we placed your order and then called you to say that everything would be ready for you and specified the time we were actually talking out of our Ar*e. As it happens since you do not have a life you can come back again to be messed around some more. If you maintain a proper attitude we will get round to doing a half ar*ed job later then you can bring back several times to get the jop properly done." I'm paraphrasing here of course.

Me I have never came up aginst this but would certainly get my goat up lol

1st question - are you paying for it?

If not, what's the problem?

Fair point I suppose. Just hassle though!

I can sympathise though.

I travelled 20 miles to my local dealership after booking the car in, only to be told, they didn't have a courtesy car (even though it had been pre-booked). 40 miles of wasted petrol...

When you say new car im assuming brand new. :yes: First of all it should`ve been picked up and rectified at the PDI. Secondly Three trips to get something fixed which frankly shouldn`t have been given to you like it is ridiculous, regardless of whether it`s free or not. I`d be p :censor: d off to. :thumbsup:

I have every sympathy with you. Whether you have to pay financially is only part of the issue. You're paying with your time, which you probably value more than they do.

Demand to see the service manager and ask what he's going to do about it. Remind him that you've got years of servicing costs and future car purchases ahead and ask how he expects to improve his service in this time.

He might not give you any freebies but the service should improve pretty fast!

Agree with the if your not paying for it, be happy with it jist people are giving on here.

Also if its going to be 4 hours just make sure your getting a courtesy car, and if you have any doubts ring the garage a day before or on the morning your car is booked in to make sure the parts and courtesy car are there for you. ;)

Fair point I suppose. Just hassle though!

But should you expect to take your NEW car back ?

Should it have broken in the first place ?

If I buy a pair of shoes, I don't take it back to have the laces replaced in the first 2 weeks and hang around for an hour. And that's over a £100 item .. If you paid £6k for your car, shouldn't if work right, first time ?

But should you expect to take your NEW car back ?

Should it have broken in the first place ?

If I buy a pair of shoes, I don't take it back to have the laces replaced in the first 2 weeks and hang around for an hour. And that's over a £100 item .. If you paid £6k for your car, shouldn't if work right, first time ?

Well in this case £20k....and when I look at it, yes it has cost me. Both in time and money (fuel etc)....

At least on the 3rd trip they finally sorted it out and actually cleaned the car (the 2nd trip left it with handprints all over the screen, dirty dash etc)!

For some reason I read Aygo .. sorry ..

Yeah, £20K on a 'rolla, hell, £20k on anything, I'd expect it to be Ronseal (exactly as it says on the tin).

But that's just me .. if it wasn't 100% I'd dump it one their doorstep and demand my money back. If they can't be bothered to give me a car that is 100% I can't be bothered with their custom.

The saga continues. I got the first chance to look at my car today in detail after the new dash was fitted and found this (cut and paste from a letter I just sent to the dealer):

• There is a piece of black plastic trim that sits between the Perspex of the speedo cluster and the upper dash itself. This has several white coloured scratches on it

• There are two small scratches/gouges to the upper dash itself, near the speedo surround (just above it and to the left)

• There is a scratch to the silver plastic of the climate control fascia, just below the buttons on the left side

• There is a scratch on the round dial of the climate control unit (temperature control)

• There is a nick in the upper dash to the lower right of the speedo surround

• There are scratches to the plastic “console” just to the left of the gear lever

None of these are minor damage either and all very noticeable!

So what are my rights with a three week old, new car that has been hacked to pieces so badly by the incompetent supplying dealer?

Oh and still no apology or offer of compensation....

Cheers,

Kleen

I would demand they replace the vehicle and am sure you are well within your rights to do so.

If you have no confidence in this dealer then demand a refund and take your custom elsewhere/

Don't be fobbed off with anything less than you are satisfied with. Nobody can be expected to pay 20k for a brand new car which has the marks you have mentioned, it is just not acceptable.

Go to the citizens advice bureau before you speak to them again so that you are fully armed with your rights and speak to the manager.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Get right back down there and ask to speak to the general manager or chief exec or equivilent and tell him simply and politely that you are not going to accept anything less than full replacement. There would be less damage on the demonstrator for pitty sake.

Sounds like a reasl shody job dolt tack their crap

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links