Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are Denso Plugs Any Good?

Tibs

Just wondering.

Toyota dealer saying about Denso plugs being this, that and the other and opened the Toyota branded box of theirs and they are Denso plugs inside.

Always used NGK and the like over the years, wondering what you lot thought of Denso?

are they any better than others, or are plugs pretty much the same unless your spending a small fortune on performance things?

Interested to hear others thoughts.

Tibs

Depends on what type mate. Little science for ya. The small the electrode, the bigger and "cleaner" the BANG. But the smaller the electrode, the less the surface area, which means that the electrode wears down faster.

This is where the precious metals come in. The platinum electrode has a smaller electrode but is much harder wearing. Thus the introduction of Iridium. I would like to try those Denso iridiums, even though we sell, and I have always used the NGK ones.

I just bought a set of NGK iradiums... not tried them yet......

I have however heard that the iradium plugs are not great for big power turbo applications as they have real problems with getting rid of accumulated heat.... After I bought them :censor:

My Cap and Leeds are all DENSO. Is that not like the Jap version of Bosch for fords etc.

I always assumed it was, and discussed this with a Toyota Mech that was what he let me think.

Not having had the car 1 year never changed the cap yet. I know the plugs are NGK Irridiums.

Karma what is the plug number. I was looking to get a new set at the end of the month, maybee we could come to a deal?

I had NGK platinums in the 4, changed them for NGK iridiums. Only got NGK`s because the price was right. Denso`s would`ve done the job just as well or Bosch for that matter. :yes:

From the biking side of me, I tend to stear clear of NGK, because of the problems they've had, especially with their motorcycle spark plugs.

Scary stories of near-new plug's electrodes snapping, and being lost in that spangly high-revving engine of yours, didn't really appealing to me....

Denso FTW!!!

Just wondering.

Toyota dealer saying about Denso plugs being this, that and the other and opened the Toyota branded box of theirs and they are Denso plugs inside.

Always used NGK and the like over the years, wondering what you lot thought of Denso?

are they any better than others, or are plugs pretty much the same unless your spending a small fortune on performance things?

Interested to hear others thoughts.

Tibs

I prefer Denso to NGK. The NGK ones seem to wear the electrodes away quicker. Some Toyotas are fitted with NGKs from new but Toyota supply parts are always Denso.

Nippon Denso is like the japanese Bosch... I believe they are also owned by toyota???

I don't have a Dizzy on my car, but all the sensors and Nippon Denso... The owners manaal specifys either NGK or denso...

Martin, I think I'll stick with them anyway... if I don't put them on my main car there are other supras lying about the house that'll need them... plus I have six and don't want to be left with just two!!!

NGK-R Platinum needle points in mine, the small electrode is like a lighteing bolt hitting a flag pole, more energy in a smaller space = hotter burn

about 20odd quid a shot though :wacko:

bt worth it to be so far

Hotter burn is not always better if you are running bigger boost ;)

didnt mean it like that, was a metaphor meaning the 'spark power is greater'

Bahhhhhh..... thats what they all say :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links