Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Major Help Needed!

scoobytyper26

Basically, I own a toyota starlet turbo and am seriously thinking of flogging it (got a buyer) for 3 grand then use a grand to buy a cheap diesel car...namely a 1.9 turbo diesel peugeot.

How much, roughly better fuel consumption woud i get with the diesel?

i need the remaining 2 grand to go towards a deposit on my house.

cheers

Matt

My father-in-law had a 406 1.9TD and got about 44mpg, which is better than the given value of 41mpg. But then he drives fairly steadily. Just got shut of it actually for about £1800. Obviously a smaller car with the same engine should get better.

Basically, I own a toyota starlet turbo and am seriously thinking of flogging it (got a buyer) for 3 grand then use a grand to buy a cheap diesel car...namely a 1.9 turbo diesel peugeot.

How much, roughly better fuel consumption woud i get with the diesel?

i need the remaining 2 grand to go towards a deposit on my house.

cheers

Matt

MPG, compared to a Starlet Turbo, loads better!! :laughing:

According to Parkers, a 306 1.9 TD should be getting 42mpg :thumbsup:

I had a 306 DTurbo, it got about 40mpg, but it was the worst car I ever owned. Would have cost a lot more for parts and to fix all the electrical faults than I saved on fuel

Go for a small petrol engined car instead, probably do about the same sort of MPG, unless your trekking up and down the Motorway all day.

Go for a small petrol engined car instead, probably do about the same sort of MPG, unless your trekking up and down the Motorway all day.

my driving is 12 miles to see the missus every night on motorway and dual carriageways....LOVE the power of the starlet, it s AWESOME, but need to sell it to raise cash for a house.

prob gonna despise the drives in a crappy slow diesel though...arrghh!!!!!!!!

what kinda mpg does the starlet turbo produce??

cheers

Matt

if you are only going 12 miles at a time I would go with the advice above, go for a small petrol car. A Yaris or similar would be good although perhaps a bit new for your budget.

Even something like a corsa would be better than the 306 Diesel (Trust me I really hate them now!!) Or perhaps you could just go for a sdandard starlet without the turbo - I don't think they fetch much money

my driving is 12 miles to see the missus every night on motorway....

.........................................? :lol: just nights....!! :D

anyway for the sake of 12 miles a day i'd say get a smaller angine petrol - main reason is the pug wont even warm up in the 12 miles before your journey ends... :lol::lol: Get a 1.0/1.2cc yaris or similar..

Rash. :thumbsup:

a petrol 1.3 yaris will nail 45 to the gallon easy in them stakes

which means you dont have to own a peugeot or a diseasal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links