Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Goldies Should Read This

Steve

We have made a couple of changes to the gold membership forums.

Please view here: http://www.goldmembers.co.uk/toc/forums/in...?showtopic=2017

Cheers

Also viewing here will explain a bit more

http://www.goldmembers.co.uk/toc/forums/index.php?act=idx

Very good idea Steve.

Is it worth telling non Goldies what it is - it might make Gold even more attractive ?

Hello,

I would love to see the new gold forum bits but i cant even see the old gold forum and im a gold member! Ive sent 3 e-mails asking for help but ive had no joy, looks like i bought some expensive stickers.

Hi Big Red

Sorry to hear of your problems. I have not received any emails at all regarding your problems.

I will send you an email right now with your log in details.

regards

Edit: just spotted you are an AOL user. For some silly reason AOL blocks half the internet. This might be the reason why you have not received your log in details.

Thanks steve

Ive not got anything through yet but i will carry on being patient (lol) sorry for moaning but ive tried everything else, :thumbsup: :group-cuddles:

Aye - AOL unilaterally blocks WITHOUT ANY NOTICE whole ip address blocks that they may or may not have associated with spamming in the past. There is absolutely no way you would know this or be able to know if you are on those blocked ip blocks.

J

So to sum it up AOL sucks and theres nothin i can do! :censor: Can you put the details in the post? :help: Im goin to change from AOL this summer but until then i cant view the beautiful new or old gold forum! :crybaby:

Thankyou very much steve your a star!

I'm finally in :thumbsup:

It's amazing in there all you non-goldies are really missing out!

The goldie seats are so much more comfortable! omg its a layzee boy chair only the best for us!

your account looks ok chris

or can you see the forums at all?

your account looks ok chris

or can you see the forums at all?

cant get past the password screen, wont except what i chose

did you add the password at all??

If you did then it will create a cookie.

its the actual entering of the password assumes you wish to view the content

ive found a fault with your new system - you c2an still click oin the sub forum links and bypass the log in screen

Yeah and if you click on "view new posts" you're there straight away. :yes:

i see what you mean now... just tested

should be fixed now

when you log in you should be able to keep logged it for the rest of the day.. a cookie should set itself so not to annoy members having to log in every time.

A good idea.... but dont like it much... I can understand why its been done tho... but it kinda looks messy...

Especially as I have to keep adding the password in for each subforum... eg.. 'general chat' and 'carpark'... :( once its added the cookie I assume it will be fine.. but I have to clear them out every so often...

I always thought Gold's 'Carpark' and 'Vent your spleen' were universally known to be NWS type things.. dont see why the addition of another password is needed... but hey ho :)

But dont worry... I get why its been done...I think... (tho it wont keep prying eyes out.. as password is plain to see) and for those who merely wish to read the threads they need to input a password... and those who dont wish the view threads... well... what they doing clicking on it anyways.... oddness :P

I'll disappear now lol

this is really annoying - sorry steve but it gets tedious havign to put password in for every forum - like jj said, if youve entered password for gold forums surely you agree to view all content at your own risk? Doesnt need it more than once imo :)

I don't quite understand how this system works? I could see the point of protecting the NWS/unmoderated forums, so that rude thread titles don't automatically appear on screen as recent posts etc... I can understand some avatars need to be looked at with view to them being rude... but how comes the General forums need a password too?

Unless it's because I use Safari, I have to log in about 4 different times. First to gain access... then again when I click on a forum... then again when I click on a topic... and again when I want to read it.

Sorry Steve, I'm not doubting TOC's efforts or the thoughts behind it. Maybe someone could explain exactly what this new system acheives/prevents? I'm a bit unsure. Cheers. :unsure:

Hi Caz

I could rearrange the forums around maybe...

Simple thing is that Avatars are going to have to be changed for me to open up the General Toyota chat.

I can understand why i have received the complaints, so it was time we placed some action into helping members who do not or cannot view such topics.

I will take a look into this

ok general chat is now open.. but the car park and vent your spleen is passworded.

I do suggest avatrs to be reviewed from now on please so we can keep at least half the forums for family viewing. I did make a post a while back about avatars... I was ignored.

ok general chat is now open.. but the car park and vent your spleen is passworded.

I do suggest avatrs to be reviewed from now on please so we can keep at least half the forums for family viewing. I did make a post a while back about avatars... I was ignored.

How about a seperate forum all together?

One for discounts etc (Family friendly) - plus that way you will get around the avator thing?

And then an ULTRA NSFW forum lol ;)

I did mention that avatars can be turned off... in a thread a bit back (more for viewing at work etc)... but I can also understand those who would like to see some funny avvys but not be faced with pure !Removed! lol... eg if at home and you have kids I spose :P

I did mention that avatars can be turned off... in a thread a bit back (more for viewing at work etc)... but I can also understand those who would like to see some funny avvys but not be faced with pure !Removed! lol... eg if at home and you have kids I spose :P

Yep but dont forget that some people go on gold to check out the discounts and any other important messages - but not to view the !Removed! ;)

*Whether at work or at home

If anybody replys in these threads it's for everybody to see regardless .....

Could we not have a subforum (password protected) on this site for gold discounts and notices, that way our avators etc will be the same and suitable for all.

If people want to go a little X-Rated then they can go to the gold site?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links