Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Filter An Engine Oil

meltdown

good evenin all still gettin to grips with my mr2 t-bar can any of you recommend a decent air filter and engine oil for the mr its a uk model 1991 rev 1 gti t-bar cheers in advance

When i did mine i used almost all of one of the big can's ( sorry i forget how much they hold 5L ?)

thing is to put about 2/3 of it in then use the dip stick.

oh and don't over fill it,

its 4.4 litres of oil to fill an mr2, pretty certain on that mate, and I use fully synthetic 5/40 oil

its 4.4 litres of oil to fill an mr2, pretty certain on that mate, and I use fully synthetic 5/40 oil

The trouble is that most fully synthetic oil only comes in 4L quantities so you need to buy one of those smaller top up bottles at great expense.

Halfords 5w/40 fully synthetic comes in a 5L bottle, supposedly its made by ESSO and is meant to be reasonably good. I havent tryed it myself yet but I am am going to try it when I change my oil at the weekend.

heya mate, Ive used the Halfords stuff in my last oil change as couldn't get any branded stuff, its running absolutly fine on it :) I heard rumours that cars tend to smoke with it but mine has been fine, hope that makes you feel a bit better about trying it :thumbsup:

heya mate, Ive used the halfords stuff in my last oil change as couldn't get any branded stuff, its running absolutly fine on it :) I heard rumours that cars tend to smoke with it but mine has been fine, hope that makes you feel a bit better about trying it :thumbsup:

Yeah, cheers, it does.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links