Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has This Caught You Out Yet!?

Raggyroller

Hiya,

So far (touch wood) I've not been caught out by this (honest!)............

The only way that you can lock yourself out of the car, is by laying them in the boot when getting luggage out, and then shutting the back door before retrieving the keys!!! :ffs:

In most cars you can also do this by pressing the button down on the passenger door (mine's a 3-door), and shutting it AFTER locking the driver's door, and having laid the keys on the passenger seat!!!

BUT... good old Toyota have thought of this, and if you slam the passenger door with the button down, it pops up again!!! :)

Has anyone locked themselves out bt shutting the keys in the boot, yet!!?

I've made a sticker that I've put on the back edge of the parcel shelf that says, "ONLY CLOSE BOOT IF KEYS IN POCKET!" :D

C'mon, be honest.... tell us all about it!!! :D

Cheers,

Raggy :)

Hiya,

So far (touch wood) I've not been caught out by this (honest!)............

The only way that you can lock yourself out of the car, is by laying them in the boot when getting luggage out, and then shutting the back door before retrieving the keys!!! :ffs:

In most cars you can also do this by pressing the button down on the passenger door (mine's a 3-door), and shutting it AFTER locking the driver's door, and having laid the keys on the passenger seat!!!

BUT... good old Toyota have thought of this, and if you slam the passenger door with the button down, it pops up again!!! :)

Has anyone locked themselves out bt shutting the keys in the boot, yet!!?

I've made a sticker that I've put on the back edge of the parcel shelf that says, "ONLY CLOSE BOOT IF KEYS IN POCKET!" :D

C'mon, be honest.... tell us all about it!!! :D

Cheers,

Raggy :)

Try pushing the driver's door button down and holding the external handle up while you shut the drivers door.Doh! :!Removed!: No Homer smiley on here :lol: saves on the Battery in the plipper, that's my excuse :rolleyes:

Heck! You really have to try hard to lock yourself out that way!! :)

Does the passenger door do the same?

And.... is the immobiliser still activated if you lock up without the key?

Heck! You really have to try hard to lock yourself out that way!! :)

Does the passenger door do the same?

And.... is the immobiliser still activated if you lock up without the key?

Is n't the immoboliser a transponder in the ignition key, which is operated by removing and inserting the key? http://www.peugeot.co.uk/ppp/PPPWEBUK/Broc...chnical/107.pdf

page 2 under security, aygo/c1/107 are they the same?

Not sure.

I'll check my book.

Salesman gave me the impression that it was via door locking, but I could be wrong. (could be an 'Old Guy' thing!!!) :)

Did anyone asked for a second key "plip"?

Citroen is saying that this is not possible...?

I think it is possible but expensive. £60+ The transponder is a chip built into the key otherwise the solid spare would not work. Do not loose this as it is needed to programme future spares, i am led to believe.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links